User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Design Review - blahdblah.com

Hi All,

I have recently updated my website and was wondering if you could spare some time and let me know what you think of it.

We are looking for comments on the overall design including colour scheme as well the content.

http://www.blahdblah.com

Thanks

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It's a nice design, and I love the way you have a nice introduction on the Home page. My only comment is that the intro still takes too long to say—in a nutshell—what you do. Instead of

nice to meet you...
    I would suggest you say something like

Graphic and creative design, web design and advertising.
    Or something like that: sum up what you offer in one clear glance. If I can't work out what you offer in a second or two, I will tend to leave.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for time and for comments. I will have a look at trying to improving the headings on the home page so that users know what we with only a quick glance.

Once again thank you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I like the design, good job! But the problem is that it's difficult to find out what you're actually doing. During the first three seconds, I saw that you are blablah design, you communicate and someone loves working with you. But that's not what I'm interested in. I'd like to know what you offer (instead of "we're blah d blah design"), then I'm not interested in such bold "nice to meet you..." - you can give there a slogan for example. I'd also like to see some of your work as soon as possible - for example in the right menu.

Some other tips: I'd use some hover in footer, now it's difficult to know which link I'm about to open. Header menu (home,about,creative,print,web,digital,news) could be darker since it's not easy to read. And I would add somewhere a big contact button. Not "send us email with mailto:something.." but rather a form.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    colors seem to me very bright ... nuclear colors I would say ... I suggest to make colors a bit softer. And aslo I see a big one grey spot on my screen when I see grey links and grey text on the grey backround color ... and bright colors looks very bright ... som I think you should think of color combination ))) The rest is well done!
    Keep it up and good luck!
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that your website is nice. I agree Firys about the footer. The links are so close together and it feels a little awkward trying to click on them. Margin them out just a little and add a hover and that would be taken care of. Also I tried to reach your web design portfolio from the footer an it takes you to a 404 page. Honestly I'm not a big fan on the colors either, just my opinion but the green is kind of bland and the grey on grey is hard on the eyes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I checked out your blahdblah site and I have to say it is very nice! I like the color uses and am pretty envious to be honest. The font is great and the size of the lettering makes for a great looking site. The logo is simple yet very attractive. I really like the paper airplane in the header, it adds a very nice touch, especially with the simple dashed line behind it showing its path. Your social icons for Facebook and Twitter look great too and the pinned up note under them showing recent tweets is pretty cool.

The way you have incorporated your blah identity throughout the site deserves mentioning as well, such as blahCMS, blahprint, etc. Your footer is informative, with plenty of links to navigate the site. The monitor with popup comment right above the footer is nice looking and calls the visitors attention to it. Scanning with a smartphone is an awesome social feature that I may have to incorporate into some of my sites after seeing how great it looks here. The popout Social and Contact tabs on the left side are very appealing as well and I am sure will definitely help convert visitors into subscribers/customers.

All in all, you have done an amazing job here and I am very jealous of how great this site looks, lol. Keep up the great work!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How attached to that name are you? I ask because "blah" doesn't exactly describe the type of designer I'd want to hire. I feel like if I were working at a company, and it was my job to hire a designer for something, my boss would probably say "why are you hiring someone called blahdblah?" I know this is pretty high-level and not really aimed at the design of your site, but I think it's an important consideration if you're just kicking things off. If you've used this name for a while and it's working for you, then fine, or if you just think I'm wrong, that's fine too. Think about the feeling that your name conveys though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion is the site have nice cool design, vivid colours and good navigation Amazing job.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somedesigner View Post
    How attached to that name are you? I ask because "blah" doesn't exactly describe the type of designer I'd want to hire. I feel like if I were working at a company, and it was my job to hire a designer for something, my boss would probably say "why are you hiring someone called blahdblah?" I know this is pretty high-level and not really aimed at the design of your site, but I think it's an important consideration if you're just kicking things off. If you've used this name for a while and it's working for you, then fine, or if you just think I'm wrong, that's fine too. Think about the feeling that your name conveys though.
    I have to say we have used this name for over a decade and seems to working rather well for us.

Thanks for your comments.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cicano View Post
    My opinion is the site have nice cool design, vivid colours and good navigation Amazing job.
    Thank you very much for your comments.