SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please review my Plumbing store website.

Hi all

Please can you review my store. the store is planning to open on 03/01/2012 so more item to be added.

To preview my site see link below.

http://flowcentre.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

Thank you
    Mark

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It would be good to make a clear statement on the site about what it's for. My eye just wandered all over the place trying to work out why I should be here.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ralph.m I will add some thing in the header.

Thank you
    Mark

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark. I'm Mark too. :-)

Yeah, what Ralph said makes sense. Maybe a tag line with "Your one-stop shop for plumbing supplies" or something similar.

Some of the fonts seem all over the place. You have one type face for the logo, and another for the "Store opens on .. " image, and a third on "Towel Warmer" and then another on "Trade Discount Prices". Maybe keep those consistent?

The transition between them is a little fast too. Hard to read one fully before it goes to the next one.

For my eyes the type on the individual items is a little small. Also, there isn't anything that tells me what category of items these are. I might provide a link to their category pages with each item so that people know what it is and can link to similar items within the site.

The background color for "you've added X to your shopping cart" is a greenish color that you don't see anywhere else on the site. Maybe have that color work with the rest of the site?

Actually, I might give it a bit more color overall. There is a lot of white on white going on there, which makes it hard to differentiate various types of content. For example, in the shopping cart, the various boxes ("estimated shipping & taxes", etc.) are hard to make out since they are also white.

For usability on the shopping cart I would put the "update", "continue shopping" and "checkout" buttons closer together too. Its harder to process when my eye has to span the entire line like that.

Other than that it is nice. Just could use a few tweaks to help it flow better. (Get it? "flow" better? Like the name of the business ... "flow centre" ... hello? where did everyone go?) ;-)

- Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you must change black color to something else like black color of menu.....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's certainly neat and nice. The only thing I would mention is you shouldn't be afraid to have larger, greener "Add to Cart" buttons. Nothing wrong with making it clear.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions are okay. I think you could do with a better logo which is easier on the eyes, you could just probably get away with using a more professional font and removing the shadow effects for that one. Also for home page I thought it would look more suitable if you used a grid layout showing featured products or something along those lines.
    eFlair Design | Premium Design Services and Web Consultation

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there! Here are some suggestions from me:
    1)Menu: The falling down menus are a not the same sizes with their relative part.
    2)The colors: You use some very bright colors like yellow and blue and total black. It all create a high contrast and discomfort for viewer. More then this it's distract attention from the products(the main goal of your store).Try to use more soft and warm colors and then viewer will spend more time on your site. Web page should be easily and comfort to view.
    3)Buttons add to cart make brighter. You can use even red color for them
    4)I would install some online support widget if the costumer will have some question. Service is what distinguish good web store from the bad one.
    5)After adding product in a cart, encourage the costumer. Just make a sign like "Congratulation you made a great choice and you're one step to get it". Work with costumer online the same way you would do it offline in you store.
    Hope my advices will help you. If you have some more questions feel free to contact me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flowcentre View Post
    Thank you Ralph.m I will add some thing in the header.

Thank you
    Mark
    To be honest, the design seems like it will work well for you, but the logo design needs a bit of work. Spice that logo up and get some graphical influences in there and you will be golden. Overall, the products are laid out very well, just some graphical/visual issues.