User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Cueburst - Support System

Hi,

I'v just launched my new website, Cueburst.
    Cueburst is a product i'v been working on, it's a Support System. (FAQ's, Tickets etc)

I tried to go for a modern design on the site promoting my product, although i would really appreciate some feedback.
    Things you would change? Is the features list adequate? How it's presented etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Adrian
    Cueburst - Support System
    FAQ Knowledge Base, Ticket Area and more.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Sorry for a brief comment, but the site looks really nice, and I like the way the home page makes a clear statement about what the product is for. Well done (as that's my most common gripe!)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very professional to me overall. Clean, easy to read typography and a very well balanced color scheme. Great work! I got a couple of ideas for slight changes:

- The features-page could use a 2-column layout instead of the current 1-column one. This way the page would be shorter but it still wouldn't feel too crammed.

- Graphic elements on the front page could feel a little more "alive" if you added some shadows there. For instace, the navigation bar could cast a shadow of 2-3 pixels onto the wood pattern to make it feel as if the navigation is closer to the user than the background. This, ofcourse, depends on what sort of a feeling you want the site to convey.

- The form elements could do with contextual error messages displayed along with their respective form elements. Also, the error messages displayed on top of the form could be in a yellow box like you use on the front page instead of being in the default body text color. This would make them more noticeable.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments, Ralph, Kimmo.
    I changed the features page as you suggested, i'll get onto the rest shortly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice and simple presentation, but no movement at all.. Maybe some carousel at homepage would help..

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dude0007 View Post
    nice and simple presentation, but no movement at all.. Maybe some carousel at homepage would help..
    For some people, moving images can cause real accessibility issues. If you do decide to use them, always ensure the user has some method of turning them off. e.g. slide-show with pause button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clean... the plastic planks look gross ... the black looks clinical...text the same

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the clean look. It is a pretty good layout as well and the colors look nice.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    For some people, moving images can cause real accessibility issues. If you do decide to use them, always ensure the user has some method of turning them off. e.g. slide-show with pause button.
    This is true. I thought about a carousel, if i can find one which is supported by most browsers and runs without a problem, i'll get one up.

Quote Originally Posted by acidfish View Post
    It's clean... the plastic planks look gross ... the black looks clinical...text the same
    Really? I thought the wood gave it a bit of colour, made it a bit different?
    Perhaps i'll look into an other pattern/gradient, see what works.

Quote Originally Posted by WhataVPS View Post
    I like the clean look. It is a pretty good layout as well and the colors look nice.
    Thank you.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it looks great, very professional and clean feel. I personally am not too fond of the background image, I think it would look cleaner with just the plain equivalent blue or something, but it's nothing important just nit picking Good luck!
    eFlair Design | Premium Design Services and Web Consultation