User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my travel website about Prague

Hi everyone,

I've set up a new website about the city Prague.

Could you please tell me your opinions regarding to the content, navigation, design and give me advices what to make better? My goal is to make the website as user-friendly as possible with a lot of information for every traveller who's interested in Prague.

Thank you guys very much for your time, critics and ideas!

Utopia, Inc. silver trophy
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Having been to Prague recently I recognize quite a lot from that site, which is nice!

My first impression of the homepage is that it is a bit too bland, and everything seems to be wanting my attention at once, so I'm not sure what I should look at.
    The "What are you interested in?" section seems like a nice idea, but it lacks any form of distinction from the site, which I think it should have. Also most of those links appear in the primary nav so I'm not sure why you have those links at all.

The things to watch are pretty cool, but the national museum of Prague is closed until 2016 due to renovations, which is not noted anywhere on you site. It should be, otherwise you're attracting people with things that aren't actually there. Okay the building is there and you can look at the exterior, but that's not terribly exiting

Also, I would see if I could compact the navigation a bit more if I were you, and do a bit more with the colors. The colors in the menu are nice, and it would be cool if every section of the site followed that color, so you get different themes for different sections. This doesn't have to be radically different, just make headings and links a different color for example. Can be just as easy as putting a class on <body> and using that as a hook for styling the different sections.

Other than that the site looks good. Quite a lot of well written and useful information!

Oh, and I would remove the photo of the ATM, as that's probably one of the must dull subjects in the world to take a picture of (no offence)

As you can see, a trip to Prague isn’t just a vacation. It’s more like a historical journey.
    Absolutely true! I loved it there
    Rémon - Hosting Advisor

SitePoint forums will switch to Discourse soon! Make sure you're ready for it!

Minimal Bookmarks Tree
    My Google Chrome extension: browsing bookmarks made easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good website! Nice colors, styles and layouts ) ... and I think there is some things to improve:
    1) The main buttons on the left side - I woud make some images instead of simple textlinks
    2) Chosen articles - I can't read bellow, fontsize is extreamly small
    3) I visited the link about bars - there is only text without images ... I think it is quite borring to read ... provide the images of this bars!
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys a lot, I'm gonna consider your great suggestions.

Any other ideas, what else could a "typical traveler" be interested in?