SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Review my website please!

Hallo dear users! I have launched my website: www.fokebox.com for free website advertisment!
    Please review it, comment and try to sign up
    Best regards,
    Fokebox

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hm, to be honest, that's a pretty confusing home page. The message is hard to read and understand, and I had to make quite a few attempts to click on those tiny dots. Fun idea, but not practical for the web.

The site needs a better explanation of what it's for. The site is unusable with JS off, too, which is not great. The web should primarily be a blout clear, accessible content, maybe with a bit of JS enhancements for some users but which don't get in the way for others.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again, I agree with Ralph. :-)

to be honest, when I first came on the page I thought my monitor was having issues. Until I read the super tiny text description and realized that those pixels are supposed to be links.

My feeling about advertising is that it is supposed to be visible, not something you have to work to find. Most people are already a bit uninterested in looking at ads, but to make them work to find an advertisement seems like forcing someone to go to the dentist and then do their own root canal. it is an interesting idea, though.

Anyway, you didn't ask for a feasibility study, you asked for us to comment on the design.

My main points:

1. The fonts are rather small and hard to read.
    2. The logo is a little small and hard to make out (plus how to do you pronounce that? Foh-kee Box? Fohk Box? Fah-kee Box?)
    3. pixel size ads hard to make out. Maybe super small ones instead? Like 5x5 or 10x10?

It reminds me of a site from several years back where you could rent a pixel space on a site to help a cancer patient or someone get a organ transplant or something. I don't recall, but since everyone wanted to help the person they would buy a pixel (or many pixels) to advertise. So you could go to the website and see the various donations to help this person out. Some big company would buy 500 pixels and put a 50x10 banner there with their logo and it would both help their branding and help out the kid. I could be remembering this wrong though ... It was back in the 90's.

Anyway, that was a big old tangent. Thanks for reading!

- Mark

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool concept

The concept is pretty cool. However, the dots are small and in clusters. little difficult to navigate. Also should have an explanation on navigation. Otherwise pretty cool concept. Dirtrider217

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site template is not good so change it, also the dots are very little make it larger and there was a website who provided same service like you are providing now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is intriguing but sorry, but I don't get it. If I wasn't reviewing this site I would have been off it straight away. I had to manoeuvre the mouse carefully to see what they reveal. At least make the dots bigger. You have a grammar mistake in the welcome box - if you want to look at......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hallo people!
    Thx for reviewing I really I appreciate that!
    It is only the beat version ... so there a lot of stuff to do, to work with font sizes, graphics etc. But the dots sizes I leave as it is ... because the idea of the map is to keep as many links to other websites as possible. Yes it is hard to click them, because of the number of registered websites ... it is only 56 ))) but when there will be about 56 000 ... that will look amazing ))))
    There was a website milliondollarhomepage where others could buy a pixels and place banners ... but my concept and idea is totally different and unlimited ...
    1) it is free for all website owners
    2) all registered websites are in catalogue where others can visit interested category or to use search. Of course there is nothing to search within 56 websites )))
    3) There will be developed other functions for users with registered websites to increase their traffic
    Thank you for critics and positive words. I appriciate you to add your website )))
    Best regards,
    FokeBox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alamshar thx for noticing my grammar mistakes! )))
    And how do you think would it be better if I set catalogue as index page instead of the map page?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very fun , I've just added my site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megazord100 View Post
    Very fun , I've just added my site.
    Thx a lot =) that's the way it is ))) there is nothing to loose when someone submit his own website )))

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I'd have to agree with the first few suggestions. Very confusing! There's not a lot (or any) explanation of what's going on to be honest and it might better suit your site to explain the point of it very clearly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viewing the website in chrome there is NO content on the home page. Also I noticed then when moving between pages the address bar does not change at the top. This will make it difficult for Google to crawl your website as it thinks there is only one page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hallo there! And thank you very much for your comments and reviewing! I admit that some things should be changed! And I would appreciate if you help me to correct my explanations that I have made! ))) inbox me!
    There is no links on the other pages, because of frames ... I can't escape using it because of some reasons ... in future I will remake it better way!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Nice! I just added my site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Agree with ralph.m . no any other comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WhataVPS Thx for submitting your website ... it is the greatest support for this project. So I invite others to submit their websites )))
    asadleo75 I will improve my explanations as better as possible =)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truly have no idea what to start with. When i first opened the page i was confused.:
    You definitely need to change the main page. It look like a joke, but not like the web site.

Main page need easily and fast describe the viewer what is he doing here and what you can suggest him. Your main page showing dead pixels on the screen.
    If you need more details feel free to contact me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erdmask View Post
    Truly have no idea what to start with. When i first opened the page i was confused.:
    You definitely need to change the main page. It look like a joke, but not like the web site.

Main page need easily and fast describe the viewer what is he doing here and what you can suggest him. Your main page showing dead pixels on the screen.
    If you need more details feel free to contact me.
    Thx for commenting ... i have made pop up window with short explanation, but I have to add more definitely ... I'll write you for details!
    Anyway process is going on ... some website owners submit their links )))

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contrary to most of these negative nancies on here, I actually really liked the layout and the whole presentation, everything is up to date and clean. I like the form system and how everything flows. Very simple to use and it is a great idea, similar to the ad pixels, but I like it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emmons View Post
    Contrary to most of these negative nancies on here, I actually really liked the layout and the whole presentation, everything is up to date and clean. I like the form system and how everything flows. Very simple to use and it is a great idea, similar to the ad pixels, but I like it!
    Thank you for positive words ))) It is a very good support for me =) ... I know there are lot of things to do and improve ... but this site has just started ... and I wait for new registrations )))
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, when I first visit your page, I dont immediate understand what the purpose is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickHG View Post
    To be honest, when I first visit your page, I dont immediate understand what the purpose is.
    Yeah! many people complain about that ) ... I have made a pop up window with explanation there! I think to improve it somehow!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

All I saw was some tiny dots... from reading this thread I realised you were meant to click on them, but my first impression was an image had not loaded completely. Also I feel the website looks slightly old-fashioned. I think the layout is good but it needs to be styled by adding an element of design/images/colour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darylsummers View Post
    Hey,

All I saw was some tiny dots... from reading this thread I realised you were meant to click on them, but my first impression was an image had not loaded completely. Also I feel the website looks slightly old-fashioned. I think the layout is good but it needs to be styled by adding an element of design/images/colour
    Thanks for respond! I will work with design, but a little bit later, now I organize some technical things.
    Well, It is a part of Image from this tinz dots! ) One tiny dot is one registered website! So you are welcome to add your website )

Now I have made the settings for fokebox.com ... as you can see there is the setting icon on the left-top corner of the screen! If you don't like the page with tiny dots (e-map) to be uploaded when you visit fokebox.com you can choose the index page (Catalogue with list of recent registered websites, Statistics Page or the All Categories List) so test it please!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have added my website! Thank you! (it's near the center, top) Now I understand the whole concept. Just a note - if you make an error on the signup form, you have some weird looking characters displayed before the error message. Little confusing at first until I realised what went wrong.