SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Importance of Website Layout in SEO

Hello friends ,

Is there anyone who can explain me the importance of the WEBSITE layout in SEO . I have read somewhere that even website's layout , navigation and even positioning of section plays an Important role in Optimizing a website. Pls explain the concept here in the forum .. thanks.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It may have a small effect. It's sometimes said that the more important info should be higher up in the HTML, but I suspect it has a minor influence on SEO if any.

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emavens View Post
    Is there anyone who can explain me the importance of the WEBSITE layout in SEO . I have read somewhere that even website's layout , navigation and even positioning of section plays an Important role in Optimizing a website. Pls explain the concept here in the forum .. thanks.
    The visual presentation and layout of your site will have little or no impact on SEO. Search engines care about content (including structural elements like headings, tables, sections etc), site navigation, inbound links ... but as to what the site looks like? Not a bit of it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its the part of On page optimization if the navigation of the website is user friendly and the content is well organized it will surely get traffic and it will result in good traffic and will improve ranking and positioning of your website

m i right moderators ?
    Get the best web content and web design for your website.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seoservicesindia View Post
    m i right moderators ?
    I suspect you are overrating navigation's effect on SEO a bit.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website layout play a major role... It impacts your conversion, bounce rate and hence rankings.

A user friendly layout attracts more visitors. For instance, you have a website with bad layout... Somehow, you managed to get the rankings, as soon visitor lands on your website its design and navigation strucutre will influence the time he wants to spend on your website.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro D View Post
    Website layout play a major role... It impacts your conversion, bounce rate and hence rankings.
    While I agree completely with you, it's not strictly a SEO issue.

A user friendly layout attracts more visitors. For instance, you have a website with bad layout... Somehow, you managed to get the rankings, as soon visitor lands on your website its design and navigation strucutre will influence the time he wants to spend on your website.
    Surely any new visitor wouldn't be aware of your layout before entering the page?

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seoservicesindia View Post
    its the part of On page optimization if the navigation of the website is user friendly and the content is well organized it will surely get traffic and it will result in good traffic and will improve ranking and positioning of your website

While I don't disagree that a good website layout and design is important, it isn't anything to do with SEO.

SEO is about maximising the number of good prospects that click through to your site from search engines – and the two parts to that are getting your site high up in the results pages, and presenting it in a way that encourages people to click on it. What happens elsewhere, while really important to your business plan, is not SEO. It may be online marketing, offline marketing, design, usability, structure and process, whatever, but it isn't SEO.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
    While I don't disagree that a good website layout and design is important, it isn't anything to do with SEO.

SEO is about maximising the number of good prospects that click through to your site from search engines – and the two parts to that are getting your site high up in the results pages, and presenting it in a way that encourages people to click on it. What happens elsewhere, while really important to your business plan, is not SEO. It may be online marketing, offline marketing, design, usability, structure and process, whatever, but it isn't SEO.
    I completely agree that website layout is NOT a part of SEO but it impacts your web rankings.

As far as visitor is concerned, he definitely does not know about your layout, but if you have good layout other people might spread a word of mouth about your website.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the recent Pubcon conference, Google mentioned that they are looking into penalizing sites with an ad heavy layout above the fold which obscures or distracts from your content, so it is possible that site layout could become more important in the near future.

http://searchengineland.com/google-may-penalize-ad-heavy-pages-100601

Wordpress Auto Installer
    www.webproco.com