User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won't work in Netscape

I have a frameset with the script written in the parent.
    several of the functions write to various frames and all work fine in both IE6 and Netscape 6.2.
    However one function writes to the parent - no problems in IE but the page just hangs in Netscape - what am I doing wrong?
    David Gale
    Section of the script below with majority of the html left out.

function checkout(){
    display_total();
    checkout = "";
    for (i=0; i < items; i++){
    checkout = checkout+ item[i]+ " - &pound; "+ price[i]+ " Postage &pound; "+ postage[i]+ " "+ colour[i]+ " "+ size[i]+ "<br>";
    }
    parent.document.open();
    parent.document.write("<html><head><title>Golf Shop</title>\n<meta http-equiv=\"Content-Type\" content=\"text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\"></head>");
    <-----> loads more html<------------->
    parent.document.write("type=\"hidden\" name=\"products\" value=\""+ checkout +"\"><br><font color=\"#FF0000\" size=\"1\">(please only click once - may take a minute to register)</font></font></div></td></tr></table></form></body></html>");
    parent.body.document.close();
    }

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from my experience, it seems that netscape doesn't like it when you add to the existing code of a page, in this case the parent. You might want to consider doing this client side, or finding a way to create the code before the page is rendered
    Good luck
    http://www.geoflux.com
    embrace the pace of a new world.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank for replying Geoflux.

In the end I gave up trying to write to the parent, as it became apparent that Netscape was going to be a problem, and settled for writing to one of the named frames.

Dvaid Gale