SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email List Hosting Software: PHPList versus Interspire Email Marketer?

After looking through many different options for self hosting email lists, I am currently focusing on PHPList and Interspire Email Marketer.

If anyone here is experienced with either or both scripts, can you post your reviews?

Insight on the comparison between both products from anyone who has used both would be really helpful.

PHPList is a free option and Interspire Email Marketer is a commercial script. I would be using the software to build opt-in email marketing lists and would be interested in their stability with large lists, tracking abilities, ease of use, etc, etc. Basically anything important to self hosting large email lists.
    For HTML Help visit: HTML Help Central
    For Graphic Design help visit: GFXVoid.com
    If you're a GEEK then go where geeks go....

Barefoot on the Moon! silver trophy Force Flow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I might recommend DaDa Mail, especially over PHPList. It's much more user friendly.

In general, I would never host a mailing list myself if there were over 40 subscribers or so on the list. You may run into problems with your email being flagged as spam unless you configure things on your domain records and mailing list software just right.
    Visit The Blog | Follow On Twitter
    301tool 1.1.5 - URL redirector & shortener (PHP/MySQL)
    Can be hosted on and utilize your own domain

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john2k View Post
    After looking through many different options for self hosting email lists, I am currently focusing on PHPList and Interspire Email Marketer.

If anyone here is experienced with either or both scripts, can you post your reviews?

Insight on the comparison between both products from anyone who has used both would be really helpful.

PHPList is a free option and Interspire Email Marketer is a commercial script. I would be using the software to build opt-in email marketing lists and would be interested in their stability with large lists, tracking abilities, ease of use, etc, etc. Basically anything important to self hosting large email lists.
    If you are looking for long list ,and you have budget , I would recommend Interspire, They are professional, Safe and best of their class.
    Only thing is they have commercial license .

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a small list PhpList is ok, but for bigger I will go with hosted paid solutions.