Please review my PC to mobile video messaging website -
    http://www.sisatel.com/social/revolution/index.jsp

Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First let me just say "Wow" - this is a great start!

Some comments I would have:

- I like the drop down navigation, but it was a surprise when it popped out. Maybe putting a little down arrow by the elements that have second level links would help usability?

- there isn't an H1 tag in the code. I would change the "easiest way to video messaging..." graphic to be the h1 of the page (presuming that's your most important key phrase) and style it in the css.

- you don't have anything in bold either, which is another good signal to search engines.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of the site! After reading through your site i noticed a quick grammar mistake that should only take a second to fix. In your second box you put "you can send video message from a computer to a mobile device" it should read either you can send a video message or you can send video messages. The uneven bold of the words also seemed odd to me. I realize your trying to highlight the important words but to me it just made the page feel uneven,hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I notice is that it's very slow to load- looks like you have too many images there and that seems to be the case for all the main pages. Are they .gif images? You might want to speed up the load time. Having said that, when it does load it's easy on the eye which is always a plus for me. However, I don't know where to focus my initial attention on as there are 4 test/image spaces together - it takes a few seconds to see the middle banner - this is a small criticism.
    I like the fact that all the content in the first page is in screenshot and no scrolling is required.
    You seem to have a problem with your banner in downloads, contact and other pages - they're not aligned across the top. (I'm using chrome)
    You absolutely have to get rid of the auto sounds. I don't even know which pages they are on as I just closed my browser the second they came on - few people are going to look for the mute button of there is one. This is a major no no for me

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mclenhard View Post
    I like the idea of the site! After reading through your site i noticed a quick grammar mistake that should only take a second to fix. In your second box you put "you can send video message from a computer to a mobile device" it should read either you can send a video message or you can send video messages. The uneven bold of the words also seemed odd to me. I realize your trying to highlight the important words but to me it just made the page feel uneven,hope this helps.
    Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
    I've rectified it. If possible, please re-check it.