SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New shopping site: Chutebox.com - I'd like some reviews please

Hello eveyone,

I have a new site called Chutebox: http://www.chutebox.com

Chutebox is the marketplace where you can sell your products dutch auction style or through fixed price listings

I'd like to see if some of you would be kind enough to come to the site and let me know what you think, what you like or what you think could be improved.

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

-Rafael Orozco

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing is, make it clear what a dutch auction is, so that people don't have to go to wikipedia to find out. Also the site looks a little spartan, too much color can look bad but it would be good to brighten the design up a little bit.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The functionality of it looks great! The search feature and categories are everything that you would expect. I like how easy it looks to pay quickly for an item as you're looking at it. That could be dangerous for shopaholics! Haha. As far as suggestions...I have the exact same as the review before me. You may look at giving some of the backgrounds some color to differientate the areas which may decorate the site at the same time. Also I have to admit I don't know what a Dutch auction is? Best of luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.. Great comments. Thanks TomaszMlynarski and 21joshmoore.

Will consider a little re-design to help up with your suggestions. Still, I have a lot of things in the pipeline, but will try to make some time for all of those things you're suggesting.

I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you very much guys! I really appreciate it!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm not sure if you've changed the site since the comments were made above, but I think what would really help would be a large introduction, explaining what the site is and what the benefits are. You could use some stock images and a bit of jQuery to create something that is attractive, that's optimised for search engines and that excited visitors from the outset.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The website looks alright but I don't think you're going to get anywhere trying to compete with Ebay. My suggestion to you is to find a niche that sets you apart and dominate that small niche. That's how Chutebox can beat Big Box.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website design is clean and simple, also loading well, tested with gtmetrix and got a 1.88 secs.
    But i would have preferred a web 2.0 design, something that would make the menu a bit 3d and add some shadows.
    Also would be great if you could add a slider and let the user to promote his product for a bigger amount of price.
    My overall score will be 8/10. Keep up the good work.