SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy contact form problem

hi guys..Im trying to get the error message for "contact number" to show up on this form when one clicks submit, without entering it..http://www.aquaplumbingsa.co.za/contactform.php) ive added frmvalidator.addValidation("Contact number","req","Please provide your contact number") at the bottom of php page2) and ive added next to the contact numbercan anyone tell me what i have done wrong ?
    "have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not sure if this is really a php question, but from what i can tell your issue is related to the fact that the <span> tag under the contact form has an id of "contactus_email_errorloc" and it should probable be "contactus_contact_errorloc". thats also why the email error is appearing on top of the email box instead of the bottom

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Looks like a javascript problem to me. I'm moving it to the JS forum so you'll have a better chance of getting an answer (if markedagain's answer hasn't already solved your problem).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi there..hmm.. i tried your idea but did contactus_contact_errorloc, as thats what i had called it..no joy any javascripters out there that can help?
    "have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you get this post to show again as none of the replies helped?How do people see that i still need help?

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by escapedf View Post
    how do you get this post to show again as none of the replies helped?How do people see that i still need help?
    You could add some additional info, like describe what you tried yourself these last two days while waiting for an answer to your question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

i think the point of posting is when we really dont know much about the problem and we have already triedIve noted what i tried in my original postany javascripter please help.. this must be easy stuff for you to highlight a required field.. i know im not asking anything hard for you guys / ;-)