SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE 6 background bug?

I don't know if this is a known bug or its happening only on my computer. This is what I have:
    1. A document that is longer than what I can see with 1280x1024 resolution (so I need to scroll)
    2. A background image in the center

It seems that IE6 creates 2 center images. One that is centered in relation to the document and one that is centered in relation with the window. If I scroll down and the image that is centered in relation with the window goes off view, then that image permanently disappears (until I reload the page)

Is this a known bug?
    Here is the code:

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Bug?</title>

<style type="text/css">

body	{background: url(image1.jpg) center no-repeat;}

</style>

</head>

<body>
    Start
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
    End
    </body>
    </html>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can avoid this by placing your page contents into the <TABLE> and setting a background for this table or for the cell...
    Web tutorials
    http://webclass.ru