User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHTML not working on IIS?

Hello all,....

Bit of a strange problem I've got, but I'll try and explain it as best as I can.

I've uploaded my site which basically comprises of ASP pages to display database calls and other info (not really important for you to know that....but...oh well,...thought I'd tell ya!)

For main navigation, I've got a DHTML navigation strip where sub menus appear on rollover etc.

The problem that I've got now though is that the page works fine (and the navigation etc), but recently my pc crashed and I lost all the data on the hard drive so it was lucky that I uploaded the site a few days before.

Now that I've downloaded the files again so I can work on them some more, the DHTML nav bar doesn't work (when viewed through localhost etc)and I get a "done but with errors on page" warning.

I can't figure out why the pages look fine on the remote server and not on my own machine.

Has anyone else ever found this problem with IIS?

Matt

PS.... ALL the files were downloaded back to my own machine, so I haven't left any vital .js files on the server.

I can't figure out why the pages display

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check your paths, is everything still correct on localhost?
    Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything has been set up exactly the same as when I constructed the site.

The pages have not been altered in any way either??

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double click the icon on the bottom left of internet Explorer (if that is what your using) Right where it says the error and you should be able to get more info.

If this doesn't work go into the Tools menu select internet options and go to the advanced tab and make sure you enable script debugging. This will ensure you get a dialog box appear on every Javascript error, if you click more info it will tell you where the problem lies.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the clicking on the error problem which displayed the line number etc,...... Problem is though that the header where the DHTML navigation sits, is an include file, so its not pointing at the right line on the right page....

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the line number once all the files have been included, you can work this out by yourself or just save that page and load it in an editor and view the offending line, then you can look at your original file that the line appears in.