User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Review My Website for Home Rentals and Apartments

www.edmondrentalsonline.com

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search homes / search apartment. There no search functionality. You need to add a search engine.

The design need a lot of modification, it looks harder to browse this way

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Images are downloading slowly.
    Overall the design is okay.
    I think you have used too many Meta Tags.
    You can delete the "Meta Title" tag. Title Tag is enough for the search engines.
    Try to avoid the Repetition of the texts. That can be considered as spamming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to say that it's a pretty amateurish design. Your website could a use a wider resolution, your page has got a width 775px but I think nowadays you could design based on 1000px width; doing so would help you reduce your menu from 2 lines down to 1 and also use some larger font.
    The Search buttons don't look good, replace them with a decent search engine for properties.
    We have done several pages in the real estate area and from experience I'd say don't waste your homepage with things irrelevant to want you're selling or renting your case but use it wisely by displaying some properties, remove the pics of the University (and others) at the bottom and use this space . The Edmondon... logo uses too much space due to the picture found on its right. Is this picture showing an actual property your are renting ? If yes provide a link to more details, if not either remove it or recycle this space by using a slider showing several properties. Once again your HP is premium space, use it to show your visitors actual properties you're renting.

I tried the "List A Property" page. At the bottom you're saying "Please Email Up To 4 Property Photos Directly", what about using a form to give the user the opportunity to upload the pictures by himself ? It also says "Once we receive your property information and varification of payment, we will activate your listing"; by the look of your website you aren't using a database to store your properties, too bad because by doing this you could automate the complete process and have properties published and paid without you having to do anything. It would also allow users to renew their properties, add a nice search engine, etc. It also says "on StillwaterRentalsOnline.com. ", I was thinking you were edmondrentalsonline.com

When reaching the Paypal page at the top there is a @yahoo.com email address. It doesn't look corporate at all.

The bottom line: have somebody knowing about web design and someone with knowledge of database and programming to work with you. You have to automate processes here to make your visitors' live easier (and your's by the way) when publishing.
    Jean-Luc
    Corobori WebDesign
    Working in the Concepcion area, Chile, since 1999
    Follow us on Twitter

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reviewing your website, I have few suggestion for you. 1st you should increase the width the of your home page and All the options are smaller its should be little bit huge so that visitors have their vision on that only and they can see every section of your site. You site will motivates the visitors to visit each and every sections. The length of page is also small it should be little bit long because when visitors see your site They need not to change the page. You know what's the behavior of visitors ? Let me tell me visitors want all his important things should be in your home page and option should be clear and easily vissible. You can also put some adds on your website its shows the impression of your site.

the banner which is on the top it should little bit long and must have good width.

Anyways you can make your site best by improving it.