User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    The advice you received was not given directly from a lawyer but from a seasoned veteran of the web world.
    ok, that's fine.

Since he is not a lawyer, then as I said before he is not qualified to give me legal advice and the "legal advice" he has posted is total garbage for my circumstances and I suggest in the future he goes and gets his facts straight before attempting to give me advice he is not qualified at all to give. I don't take advice from wannabe lawyers.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webdev1958 View Post
    ...attempting to give me advice...
    There are other people reading this thread for whom that advice could be valuable. Just because you feel it doesn't apply to you, there is no need to dismiss it out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by oddz View Post
    ... but I men at the end of the day a person who is disabled will never have the same experience to someone who is not.
    Just to clarify, I don't know about other jurisdictions, but under UK law, there is no requirement to provide the same experience, simply to provide equal access to services. Which brings me back to my original reply, that as long as I can use the site, I don't mind it looking less pretty for me that it might for others.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    Just because you feel it doesn't apply to you, there is no need to dismiss it out of hand.
    If you look back through what I posted you will see that I have always spoken on behalf of myself and no-one else. Felgall was directing his advice to me as well as everyone else.

All I am saying is that he is not qualified to give me legal advice because he has no qualifications to do so and he has been unable to provide information to backup his "legal advice" when I challenged him to do so.

For my circumstances, his advice is total garbage.

But if his advice is useful to someone else in different circumstances to me then I have no problem with that. Everyone should get their own legal advice for their circumstances from qualified lawyers and I, for one, do not take advice from unqualified wannabe lawyers, especially in forums like this, and simply dismiss any such advice as rubbish.

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

I think these personally targeted "lawyer" comments are dragging on too long in this thread. I know it's being kept very civil and I suspect some of it was phrasing but it detracts and it looks like it's already been Flagged on page 1. :-)

There are approximately 10 million disabled people in Great Britain, which represents around 18 percent of the population. Like I said more than 1 in 10 people. Eighteen percent is not a small percentage of potential visitors and that doesn't include those having other difficulties with websites that are not disabled.

I suspect many people here have either adblockers or selective script blocking within their browser either native or addons. Whether or not they use it is their discretion but I guess its well over 95% even if it were 1% the small percentages of big numbers are also big numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summary of this thread:
    - Can I use HTML5 yet?
    - No, you'll be prosecuted
    - No I won't, you're not a lawyer
    - Who's your lawyer?
    - No, who is your lawyer?

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As the OP doesn't want to listen to other people's opinions despite asking for it in the first place - there is no point in continuing this thread as it is becoming repetitive and not going anywhere.

Thread closed.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">