SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF --> statements

Just trying to work on a website page that seems to have 100's of different IF --> statements. It's very confusing to see where each particular one starts and ends. Is there some sort of programme or online tool that can help with this please?

Any help appreciated.

Dez

Twitter: @AnthonySterling silver trophy AnthonySterling's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you like this tool to do? If you have a fairly basic IDE, many support code-folding on IF statements.
    @AnthonySterling: I'm a PHP developer, a consultant for oopnorth.com and the organiser of @phpne, a PHP User Group covering the North-East of England.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great if it showed where every particular if statement started and ended. Some of them are very deep nested. What's an IDE?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to help you Google "IDE", but there are plenty of IDEs out there. Initially, I would recommend you take a look at Komodo Edit. It's not a full blown IDE, but it's available for most platforms and will allow you to edit single files without creating a project for them.

Handy.
    @AnthonySterling: I'm a PHP developer, a consultant for oopnorth.com and the organiser of @phpne, a PHP User Group covering the North-East of England.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not looking for help on Googling ;-) Will Komodo help me to see where the particular if statements start and finish? Can't see mention of that on their website.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure does.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Anthony :thumbsup: would it also work just as well for the statements that are within a phpbb forum, like this - <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> ?

Also, on this subject, when you see <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> does that mean if the 'person' viewing the page is not a bot and not a user logged in ? or does it mean not a bot, but is a user logged in ? ? ?