Results 1 to 8 of 8
Oct 20, 2011, 08:10 #1
What characterizes a modern website?
This is a research and placed on various forums on the Internet. The purpose is to gather information to improve N.nu.
I begin with what I already have found:
- Modern design is used.
- For HTML what is used is HTML5 or XHTML.
- Systems for blogging on the website with built-in RSS
- Instead of a guestbook modern comment systems are used such as Facebook comments or Disqus.
- A nice header image with possibly a slider
- For images there is a lightbox feature to easily enlarge the images in a nice way
- Systems are in place to easily log into and easily modify and build the website without knowledge of HTML.
- On-page optimization for SEO already built with for example: clean URLs, headings, HTML navigation, XML sitemap, no dup content, etc.
- Use of CSS3, for example shadows in a good way.
- Instead of a visible counter on the page invisible advanced statistics such as Google Analytics or similar is used.
- A function for collecting subscribers and send out newsletters are in place
- The site is built in a way so that it loads quickly
- Flash is not used for content and preferably not at all
- The site works well with mobile devices (responsive CSS)
- The site uses social media to interact with the reader, for example like buttons for Facebook.
What else is there?