User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Posting comments at end of Article

What is the simples trick for the following:
    I write an article and ppl can post comments at the end of it without logging in. The admin should be able to remove abusive language. Other important aspects: not resource hogger. cheap or free. Not a CMS though. An example can be found at ugeek.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be achieved using a server-side scripting language like PHP or ASP. You can do this two ways, learn the language and write the script yourself, or select one of the many pre-built scripts available at for example HotScripts.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it possible to have a NON Server side scripting language.... Else I would have to place a link on a forum..

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get that last part, why would you have to place a link on a forum when using a server side scripting language?
    Anyway, it is quite tricky to not use a server-side scripting language. Perhaps you could pull it of with some extensive JavaScript, but the problem with JS is that some people might have it disabled in their browser.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is more complicated that it seems.
    1) I do not have enough mastery of SS Scripting Language to "play" with it nor do I have the time..
    2) I am planning to have a fairly large site (several thousands of page views per day) on a VDS for practical reasons (I do not know much about Linux or server config - but I am confortable with Cpanel) and price reasons
    3) I don't want something that might slow down a VDS. I'll have as little dynamic pages as possible.

The walkthrough would be like:
    I post an article, written in a DW template and post it with
    1) a link
    2) a bit of code which acts dynamically

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    netneurones,

I have seen websites using the PHP driven forum Phorum as comment/discussion system for their articles. The forum is very light/slim from the graphicly/layout point of view. Maybe you can also use it for your site.

NN