Trying to install a flatfile cms or wiki on my company intranet

The corporation I work at has given me permissions to a folder on their network to create a website of learning materials. I will be updating this often and it seems that a wiki or cms would fit the bill.

I already put up a small css site, however i would like something easier to update for my sanity. I tried download many flat file cms and wiki’s however in each case they are setup with an install.php - that won’t open up on any web browser…i can’t quite figure out why.

are there any suggestions? perhaps i should do something special to make these work…something with the htaccess? I really don’t have much experience with anything like that. Or perhaps there is something simpler and more straightforward out there?

btw. the company won’t give me any special permissions outside of that folder. so i can’t really do anything sql.

You cannot simply copy PHP files to a shared folder on a network.
They must be interpreted by a special program (PHP Server).
However, I have seen numerous (small) Javascript Wikis available on the web. These can ‘live’ anywhere and, being written entirely in Javascript, operate locally in your browser.

Some flat file cmses - for ex: pulse cms (php) lets you install on your local pc and then copy over the entire folder to your server and make some changes to the config file etc… and it’ll work.
But I am not sure whether they’ll fit your requirement (wiki).

awesome! thanks for replies. the only wiki i could find was tiddlywiki - there are lots of spin-offs of it, but none of them look very polished. the problem i kept having with the flat file cms’s was that i couldnt get the php to work on our network, but if i can get pulse cms to do that i’d be very happy. i’ll give it a try.

If it was an issue of php not running , I doubt whether pulse cms would be of help as it is a php cms.
Also, I just checked and Pulse Basic doesn’t have all the features of the Pro version… so you may need to look further. I am sorry for missing the Pro part…