Apologies if these questions are a bit basic, but so is my ability.
- When using images (as opposed to pure html) for elements like banners, headings, buttons etc, it there a way to make screen readers and search engines recognise them?
- Can a graphic (image) somehow be designated as an html heading (h1, h2 etc)?
- When inserting a background image is there any need to specify its dimensions?
- Is there a maximun (practical) total size (KB or MB) for a webpage, and how would I calculate it?
- When laying out a standard column-type page, is there any advantage to using Absolute Positioned Divs for the side columns, over using negative margins? What do most people do?
Thank you in advance for your help,