SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member carter.dorothy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need to redesign your website for a fresh look. Currently it looks too serious due to all content and no images, flash etc. Add some relevant images to prove your point and content rewriting is also needed.

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carter.dorothy View Post
    I think you need to redesign your website for a fresh look. Currently it looks too serious due to all content and no images, flash etc. Add some relevant images to prove your point and content rewriting is also needed.
    That is irrelevant to the discussion. The OP is asking for a review of his content not the design.

We do have a forum for that should he decide to ask for opinions on his design though: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/foru...ebsite-Reviews.

You say content rewriting is needed. To help the OP out, can you please post and show what areas need help and how he can fix them?
    TheRaptor - Joe

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your original site, like others have said, has too much plain text. It's nice that you added some images for the beta version, but in order to make the site a little bit more appealing, I would suggest adding more benefits as to how this auction search engine would make it an attractive option for the prospect to use, and making those benefits stand out. Some benefits you can highlight might be "save lots of money," "find unique, rare treasures," "very convenient, fast, and easy to use," etc. Right now I don't see anything from the text that really grabs my attention, so this is an area that can definitely be improved upon.

Also, this is something additional, but this sentence sounds a little awkward: "Where a seller has restricted his market so will get very few bidders." I think you meant to say something like, "There are few bidders where the seller has restricted his market."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Impression: Boring.
    Your logo gets overlooked easily.
    I really have to read to figure out what is the website's purpose. I prefer to graphically display this to my users.
    It has a lot of text. It needs images to break it up.
    I love the cleanliness of it.
    I like the concept of the website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I am a visitor, and I visit your home page, I don't like to read a lot of text. You can see right now people love to see more than read, put some animation picture, will explane for your customer , visitor about your business idea.<snip>
    2. I don't talk about design, but your site is really too much text Make it simple and help full like Google
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jan 26, 2012 at 12:19. Reason: removed link drop