User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool please help me MS Access db to MySql db

Hi,
    I have searched the forum and was not able to get the info I need to do the following. The relationships thing seems to be a puzzler so...
    Can I get directions from some one who has been successful in converting ms access db to mysql including preserving the relationships and how this is done? I also need directions on importing or setting up the converted access db using phpmyadmin on a virtual server. The ms access db is approx 2mb and has 10 tables. One of these 10 tables has 1000 rows and another has about 3000 rows.
    Best regards,
    MikeF

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only export from Access table by table. But you CAN use the TransferDatabase action from Access. I haven't done it myself, but go to Access help and type it in. It should help. Have a Google search for it too. The Access documentation reads:

You can use the TransferDatabase action to import or export data between the current Microsoft Access database (.mdb) or Access project (.adp) and another database. For Microsoft Access databases (.mdb) you can also link a table to the current Microsoft Access database from another database. With a linked table, you have access to the table's data while the table itself remains in the other database.
    Sounds promising. Hope that helps.

G