User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nostalgic Gifts Suggestion Engine

Hello-

Just went live with my new site, please let me know what you think. I'm interested in thoughts on design, content, user experience, SEO, everything.

Particularly, I would love to hear your thoughts on 1) are these gifts appealing choices, and 2) do you think people will want to click into the gift detail pages to find out more information?

Appreciate it!

Here's the link.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concept is interesting, but I think the site would look better with a different background that represented the past rather than the pixelated clouds you have now. I also don't care for the pixelated text in the logo, it's hard to read. There are many retro fonts that would convey the back-in-time feeling and be easier to read. The "Categories" and "Popular Keywords" text is hard to read too. The "Customize your results here" has no link (using Firefox & Safari). But, if I were looking for a gift from a specific year, I think the choices are good and it was fun to look at them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol its funny for me, i dont like site

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very interesting idea, I love it and the design. It's simple to use and that's important. Only complaint I have is that the site makes me feel old...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the concept of the site, but when I put in the year 1993 it brought up stuff like Furbie, which isn't for 18 year olds...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven10172 View Post
    I like the concept of the site, but when I put in the year 1993 it brought up stuff like Furbie, which isn't for 18 year olds...
    Well, that's the point of nostalgia. Someone who is 18 years old now would not remember merchandise made for 18 year olds when they were young, they would remember toys suited for whatever age they were.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good idea, I like it very much!

I would add scroll bar so people can change date of birth on fly and see what would it recommend if there were born few year earlier or later