SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concurrent page requests

Hello, I decided to research what can ASP do with concurrent requests, and didnt find much.

What Im thinking is if one user opens page.asp and then opens the same page 1-10 times, they all loading at the same time. Is the any way to load one by one and tell the browser to finish loading the previos page?

I've looked at response.IsClientConnected, but I guess thats not what Im looking for, because it returns TRUE when opening any page.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand what you're saying. The browser will finish loading a page (html or asp) unless the user does something to override the page loading or there is a code or hardware problem.
    Doug G
    =====
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view is always the same - Anon

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug G View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying. The browser will finish loading a page (html or asp) unless the user does something to override the page loading or there is a code or hardware problem.
    Ill explain. Lets say you have page.asp, and links like page.asp?id=1, page.asp?id=2, page.asp?id=3, page.asp?id=4

Obviously each id is a different page content, lets say a huge image on each page > 1 MB

So Im asking how to stop serving the request if some person or maybe a spammy BOT opens page.asp?id=1, page.asp?id=2, page.asp?id=3, page.asp?id=4 at the same time.