SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member merryjosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Is PPC is the good option for Internet Marketing ??

    Hi,

    I am doing SEO for my websites from a long time , but i think it's alone is not sufficient for internet marketing of my website. I am thinking of doing PPC but is is a really good option for internet marketing . How can i start with can anybody please give me a brief about it ??

    Thanks

  2. #2
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, PPC is a good option if you want to get more traffic, but for this you will have to pay for every single click on which visitor will click. The ads that shows at the right hand side of every search in Google are called PPC ads.

  3. #3
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPC campaign is more costlier. If you have sufficient funds and expert in PPC then you can get good ROI. Before running PPC campaign go through tutorials and related videos. These will help to understand PPC campaign

  4. #4
    Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,881
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PPC can be a good way to get customers, but you need to make sure that you're getting good value out of it, and that for every £/$/€ (etc) you put into advertising, you get at least that back in extra revenue. The best way to check this out is to give yourself a one-off advertising budget that you can afford to 'throw away', and then just try it out. Make sure you set up your tracking so that you can see not only how many people click on your ads, but also how many of those people follow through to making a transaction.

    The danger about PPC is that you end up paying for visitors who don't engage with your site and don't become customers. If your ads are well written and well targeted then that shouldn't be a problem, but you want to keep monitoring it just to make sure.

  5. #5
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, you must get going with it...In order to make the most of your marketing campaign, you must combine paid efforts (PPC etc) with unpaid ones (SEO)...since both have their own advantages...

    Its highly recommended to test the profitability of keywords via PPC before going for SEO... so that you donít end up wasting your efforts in SEO for keywords that do NOT convert!
    Hereís some help:
    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/6...d-focus/33726/

  6. #6
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEO is the best option but if you want ppc traffic then start with small budget campaigns and with free ppc coupon of adwords or adcenter and bidvertiser. then try other advertising methods like banner advt. pop ups etc.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wipro1 View Post
    SEO is the best option but if you want ppc traffic then start with small budget campaigns and with free ppc coupon of adwords or adcenter and bidvertiser. then try other advertising methods like banner advt. pop ups etc.
    Why is SEO the best option? You can't guarantee listings, you can't up traffic during peak seasons, you don't control messaging... SEO may be free and plentiful but, so long as there's margin in your business, there's a lot to be said for reliability in growing your business... which is why most businesses do it.
    - Ted S

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wipro1 View Post
    SEO is the best option but if you want ppc traffic then start with small budget campaigns and with free ppc coupon of adwords or adcenter and bidvertiser. then try other advertising methods like banner advt. pop ups etc.
    Correct me if I am wrong... I guess PPC is part of SEO... PPC is one of the methods in SEO which not free. You have to pay for the clicks that your site be getting from visitors... I never used this method though but I guess finding the target market is essential in setting up PPC campaign.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Winky View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... I guess PPC is part of SEO... PPC is one of the methods in SEO which not free. You have to pay for the clicks that your site be getting from visitors... I never used this method though but I guess finding the target market is essential in setting up PPC campaign.
    It's a question of semantics.

    In general SEO is organic placements and PPC is clearly paid search. These both fall under SEM [search engine marketing] although there are people who say SEM to refer to paid campaigns exclusively as well. So when in doubt, it's best to try and read the intent of the sentence rather than go off the term alone.
    - Ted S

  10. #10
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPC is a very good alternative if you can afford the price of it.
    I my self I used SEO for my sites. True I tried PPC with good results ... but in comparison with Seo ... to expensive ( although I had 0.01$ bids )

  11. #11
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPC is great as long as you know what you're doing and you have a sufficient budget. But for anyone really serious about having an online business, they have to take advantage of both PPC and SEO. One both is mastered, the results can be astronomical.

  12. #12
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally people use SEO but PPC is better. It gives good Result. But i must say PPC is bit costly than SEO.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPC is instant but you pay for your traffic forever. It's like renting. You stop paying and your traffic stops.
    SEO takes time but the rewards continually increase. Like paying off a home loan. At some point you could stop paying and you still get traffic.

  14. #14
    SitePoint Addict wardcosbyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
    PPC can be a good way to get customers, but you need to make sure that you're getting good value out of it, and that for every £/$/€ (etc) you put into advertising, you get at least that back in extra revenue. The best way to check this out is to give yourself a one-off advertising budget that you can afford to 'throw away', and then just try it out. Make sure you set up your tracking so that you can see not only how many people click on your ads, but also how many of those people follow through to making a transaction.

    The danger about PPC is that you end up paying for visitors who don't engage with your site and don't become customers. If your ads are well written and well targeted then that shouldn't be a problem, but you want to keep monitoring it just to make sure.
    I couldn't agree more. Personally, I don't see this tactic very useful to my sites. Of course, we must always look into getting a lot of traffic but I focus more on the "conversion rate". There are a lot of affiliate marketers who will be more than excited to have you on their site's banner fields but the price would be so high.

    In your OP you said you SEO efforts were not enough for your "internet marketing". Did you actually mean making money with your sites? If so, why not concentrate first on your site's content. I have a feeling, PPC is not the solution to your problem right now.

  15. #15
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course PPC is a good option for you, with PPC marketing, you can also get an instant worldwide exposure for your products or services at a reasonably low cost.

  16. #16
    SitePoint Addict wardcosbyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobDixon View Post
    Of course PPC is a good option for you, with PPC marketing, you can also get an instant worldwide exposure for your products or services at a reasonably low cost.

    Everyone knows that, but its NOT low cost at all.

  17. #17
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcosbyson View Post
    Everyone knows that, but its NOT low cost at all.
    Being able to buy qualified visitors for pennies up to a few dollars is considerably lower than other paid tactics. While that may be more than you're use too, in relative terms search is cheap. Whether or not conversions come at a cheap rate is another story.
    - Ted S

  18. #18
    SitePoint Addict wardcosbyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Being able to buy qualified visitors for pennies up to a few dollars is considerably lower than other paid tactics. While that may be more than you're use too, in relative terms search is cheap. Whether or not conversions come at a cheap rate is another story.
    Good point. But I'd like to take it back to the conversion rate you get from your visitors from ppc because I think its all that matters. : )

  19. #19
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcosbyson View Post
    Good point. But I'd like to take it back to the conversion rate you get from your visitors from ppc because I think its all that matters. : )
    Intent is a powerful factor in driving results and search is about as close as you can get to express interest. As an industry average, PPC nets out to be one of the most profitable methods of advertising. Google doesn't make billions because PPC ads fail to deliver at a cost effective rate.
    - Ted S

  20. #20
    Non-Member Ken Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pay per Click is very much quicker to implement than most other forms of advertising. It is very fast to respond to changing market demand or changes in company situation and campaign budgets can be increased / decreased or paused almost instantly.

  21. #21
    SitePoint Member Dafkiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merryjosen View Post
    Hi,

    I am doing SEO for my websites from a long time , but i think it's alone is not sufficient for internet marketing of my website. I am thinking of doing PPC but is is a really good option for internet marketing . How can i start with can anybody please give me a brief about it ??

    Thanks
    If you are good doing SEO for your websites I think you have no problem with PPC. Here the most important thing to find keywords that will be effective. Next, you need to find sites where you buy traffic, preferably with good reviews. And another very important issue is the monetization of traffic. For example cpa networks, affiliate networks.

  22. #22
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPC can be very profitable if you know what you are doing. The best advise is to do a lot of research on how you can increase your ROI with PPC because that will help you the most.

  23. #23
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPC is a little expensive but the most important things are the results.If you site is good then you will get good results from here.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •