0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What do you think

http://doubletteds.co.uk/

My new site.

Focus on "Get 0ut There" with the Kings of C0ntent

Car00n creation and advertising combined with SEO branding and design

My father in law thinks cartoons don't go with SE0 and marketing, what do you think?

And I might mention I did 3 reviews and this is the third time I posted this (so third time lucky?)

Hits post/submit>>.....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Well, I think you should finish the site. Tons of broke links or blank pages in cartoons and other areas. Quite frankly too many to list.
    - The message of the site is very unclear. I also find it very hard to read. Usage of "Get out there" and "double t ted" is extremely over done.
    - the header should be a link to front page even on the front page in my opinion.
    - and finally, I agree with your father-in-law =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I should have mentioned the cartoon gallery section isn't open yet, opens 28th Sept 2011 LOL

It's the rest of the site that is thus far.

Get Out There is the Slogan btw

Coke
    Adds Life

Double T Ted's
    Get Out There

It is a ref to many things but advertising in one of the first of these instances.

Not quite sure what you mean by the header being a link to the home page, that sounds a bit barmy to me. The logo is! The Slogan is not as it links to its own page with definitions of the Get Out There Slogan like some of the other Get Out There text is linked - at some point that will be trademarked like the name is, the slogan that is.

PS the index header "logo" is linked to the index (as others) but the site pages load so quick you probably didn't notice

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont publish a broke link. worst case, i would at least tell ppl when it opens on a link to that page or put a date next to the link but have it not linked, etc.

i understand the slogan thing, just overboard in my opinion.

so along with the gallery,
    Company Branding
    Logo Design
    Graphic Design
    Web Design
    Web Consultation
    Web Hosting
    Domains
    SEO
    Cartoon Advertising
    Advertising Cartoons
    Ad Services
    Offline Ads

dont work either

i was talking about the cartoon strip being a link to index, was my fault for not clarifying. its a link to index except for on the index page. so when i first visited i thought there was no link to it, but then accidently mousing over it on another page it was a link.

also, DoubletTedsŪ is ur index link and Double T TedsŪ is your about us link? i would rename one

"whats new?" and "articles" on forum dont work either, and while im at forum or contact, how do i get back to main site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm did I not load those pages yet LOL I thought they were loaded already other than the gallery oops better load them

The DoubletTeds link that takes a person to the home page is the home page link written as it would be for the domain name and not as words so makes sense the "about" page is not an about page" it is for advertisers to contact about cartoons for advertising. Why you would think it was an about page I have no idea

Not quite sure why you are mentioning a separate site in the forum but the what's new section does work it just does not display anything presently. Articles works fine for me though.

As for the cartoon strips they are going to be adverts why would they link to the home page?

The forum is a separate site so why you want to get back to the other site who knows

try and get to Digital Points main index from their forum - let me know how you get on with that? And they are the same site not separate

I am very please you think the slogan is overboard as that is the effect it is supposed to have so tells me a few things by way of what you are looking at or for or expecting etc (makes sense to me that you probably don't get what I mean there).

The cartoons in place presently as it happens are only there as a filler whilst we wait on the ones that will be there most of the time and they will def not link to home page as that is not what they are being designed for

So it is fair to say you must hate the design then seeing as how that was what was mostly being asked about though not mentioned in any way yet.

Oh and as I said the gallery is not ready the page in place presently has tables in it which I need to redo after using them to show someone something quickly and they need removing before the galleries are added which will funnel out the browsers from the potential others

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions,
    Looks good,professional looking site.
    spell check your Meta description tag "Illutrators"
    Possibly look at changing the hover over colour on your navigations to something a little more striking.
    For some reason your clock on the forum has already gone back an hour so as of this writing its displaying the time as 7.45am when its actually 8.45am lol
    Im not sure without re-reading the other comment that was left, but you need an easy access button to get back to your main site from things like your forum, as I couldnt find one, and just clicked the browsers default back arrow, which you shouldnt have to do.Possibly under the forum anchor link put target="_blank" so that it retains your current page, but opens up a brand new page/tab for the forum....
    Check you site out with "IE tester" free to download from any SE. IE7 has some strange little hiccups, with this page http://www.doubletteds.co.uk/cartoon...on-gallery.htm getting a horizontal scroll for some reason and its only petty but your main row or cartoons at the top of most pages slides right by about 50px/75px, so if you just create a conditional comment to target IE7 and those little discrepancies, it should be all hunky dory.
    Overall good like and I like the design/ content layout - Good work Keith!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benisjamin View Post
    First impressions,
    Looks good,professional looking site.
    spell check your Meta description tag "Illutrators"
    Possibly look at changing the hover over colour on your navigations to something a little more striking.
    For some reason your clock on the forum has already gone back an hour so as of this writing its displaying the time as 7.45am when its actually 8.45am lol
    Im not sure without re-reading the other comment that was left, but you need an easy access button to get back to your main site from things like your forum, as I couldnt find one, and just clicked the browsers default back arrow, which you shouldnt have to do.Possibly under the forum anchor link put target="_blank" so that it retains your current page, but opens up a brand new page/tab for the forum....
    Check you site out with "IE tester" free to download from any SE. IE7 has some strange little hiccups, with this page http://www.doubletteds.co.uk/cartoon...on-gallery.htm getting a horizontal scroll for some reason and its only petty but your main row or cartoons at the top of most pages slides right by about 50px/75px, so if you just create a conditional comment to target IE7 and those little discrepancies, it should be all hunky dory.
    Overall good like and I like the design/ content layout - Good work Keith!
    Thanks benjamin if I need to add that ie7 if IE meat when I redo the site I will do. Hopefully it won't need it as the site will likely perform differently once I redo it (The gallery part I mean) I may not need it but good to keep in mind of course.

The gallery is not quite in place yet tbh as I need to redo the page without table as that was just put there quickly to show someone something. Any scrolling issues there will likely be fixed when I complete the first page for that.

The DoubletTeds site it's self is separate from the TVWorlds forum

You might call it a funnel away form the Sales pages on DTT as that's sort of what it is. It leads to a community that only inpart has anything to do with the cartoon and artists site. The same things are available on tvworlds so I am sticking with the funnel effect as it serves the purpose.

Imagine DP forum and all the traffic being able to back to their index page. That would not work and I think the only reason people are pointing this out is because you are entering the forum form a separate site.

There will be 50 plus other sites with the same forum as their forum and so it is not possible to have the forum link back to 50 plus separate sites index page.

The Gallery (when it is finished) ill be the same ting. It is free to browse. It has a few links to try and gain commissions but in effect it is another funnel for non buyers so they can find something funny or interesting to look at. I might even remove the link back to the main DTT artists sales part of the site altogether yet as it is not relevant to those who will browse the galleries in the main part.

Though there is a function where the galleries are used to show a particular artists work. These are separate gallery pages so can have different nav relevant to that factor. As i say I am not completely decided on what parts will be or need to be linked to the non public (in the main) corporate commissions part. The public commissions part after all will be covered in the Galleries so no need to go back and read what is in effect an index page with a paragraph on it that they likely already read.

The links to what matters and links to navigate back to the gallery index will be there so no need to link to the other main index page. The same with the link from the vbullletin forum to the index on a particular page.

To do that would mean having a huge drop down

I will show you an example of a blog for TwitTed that has that started to be put in place > http://twitted.co/twitted-tweety-twitter/ If you check the Tted links drop down you will see they go to index pages. The Double T Ted's as yet only have a handful of their domains mentioned in the drop down. If the forum was to have a link back to the index page of any potential site a person came from that list would as I said be 50 plus index pages.

OK no comments on this please as it is pre beta and is the .com that goes with the .co.uk and something months away from proper release and being finished > http://doubletteds.com/beta.html

You can order cartoons and art etc from there by contacting me but as I say that is way off finished yet.

You will see some of the Double T Ted's characters on there.

Which leads me o to something mentioned earlier.

DoubletTeds.com is a domain name and a TM (only written at times with a cap 2nd T for children's sake)

The "Double T Ted's" are over 6028 characters and the name is also a TM

DoubletTed is a single cartoon character DoubletTed The Doublet Ted. As can be seen here >

doubletted-666666-375-01-214x300.jpg

Just in case anyone is confused and has not looked deeper than first impressions

So anyone found an Easter egg yet?

PS the hover over stays it is on multiple sites and is the traffic light system used for navigation on all dtteds sites or all that I have got around to putting it on

It's 900b09 for links and 339900 for hover overs everywhere on every site or will be. There is no changing that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think cartoons have to do anything with SEO on effectiveness. otherwise image websites won't have found a place for themselves in search engine rankings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avinasch View Post
    i don't think cartoons have to do anything with SEO on effectiveness. otherwise image websites won't have found a place for themselves in search engine rankings...
    Sorry I don't really understand what you are trying to say??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datoneer View Post
    Not bad. But i don't like your logo
    What don't you like about it?

TBH the wording is my fav so far (Yes I have a number of other versions) and the motif of the D and PI symbol is a Reg TM > http://www.ipo.gov.uk/t-find-number?...demark=2461106

Admittedly the motif is presently low resolution quality and could do with a somewhat brighter look to it and it will in fact be so soon as it is being done as part of another project, but other than that what is it you don't like? Is it the Colours? Is it the Reg TM motif? Is it the words font? is it the words colours?

So please elaborate on the somewhat "sweepng" statement that you as 1 individual don't like the logo? What exactly and why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have some amazing cartoons there, I love them to bits. Why not have the entire site created in a 'cartoonish' manner? It would be appropriate. Right now the site is so bland with the grey/white design, it's more suitable for a business site or anything less appealing that those superb bears.

I'd base my entire design on them and have a site that will stand out and work great with its content. I love any site that offers me the chance to step out of the 'regular' designs, this is a gold mine for any designer who'd like to 'play' around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dojo View Post
    You have some amazing cartoons there, I love them to bits. Why not have the entire site created in a 'cartoonish' manner? It would be appropriate. Right now the site is so bland with the grey/white design, it's more suitable for a business site or anything less appealing that those superb bears.

I'd base my entire design on them and have a site that will stand out and work great with its content. I love any site that offers me the chance to step out of the 'regular' designs, this is a gold mine for any designer who'd like to 'play' around
    Thanks they are pretty good my fav is DoubletTed in his posh looking Doublet

Funny you should say that dojo as that is the exact plan for another site in the pipeline www.tted.com

Not released yet as we only just acquired the domain but that is going to be the site for exactly what you just said.

Glad you liked the cartoons so far in place there are more to load up yet and more to come to as I have a few here that I have not got round to loading yet and some more still in production.

Well the idea is they will always be in continual production as things progress.

We have 4 of the UK's top cartoonists on our Double T Ted's team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOPs sorry double post don't know what went wrong there

Funny you should say that dojo as that is the exact plan for another site in the pipeline www.tted.com

Not released yet as we only just acquired the domain but that is going to be the site for exactly what you just said.

Glad you liked the cartoons so far in place there are more to load up yet and more to come to as I have a few here that I have not got round to loading yet and some more still in production.

Well the idea is they will always be in continual production as things progress.

We have 4 of the UK's top cartoonists on our Double T Ted's team presenylu wiht another possible lined up and open to consider a couple more

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its good design and simple but try to change logo and do ather with good design and color

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazika9 View Post
    its good design and simple but try to change logo and do ather with good design and color
    The logo does certainly need taking to a higher level graphically as in it needs a high def version presently perhaps but the colours and text are a part of the Reg TM so would be somewhat difficult to change

one more appraisal to go eh!

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken header navigation with the h2 preceeding the h1 (which makes NO sense), layout goes all wonky at small sizes to the point of appearing broken (like on my netbook) and looks even more messed up on big displays... (being a useless undersized stripe down the center of the screen). Nice ATTEMPT at using %/em for the content area, but it really doesn't fly with all those floated boxes. (what I like to call "non-viable for web deployment" elements). The multiple redundant texts in those content boxes is borderline annoying and really confusing. That structurally they're h3's without a H2 before them just adds to the navigation confusion.

It also appears to practice content cloaking -- good way to get slapped down by the search engines. It seems to have a great many div for nothing and headers for nothing (that are being hidden) which likely contributes to the 16k of HTML when there's only 2.7k of plaintext -- meaning at least a third of the HTML should be pitched as unnecessary bloat -- and I'd be shocked if that couldn't be brought in under 10k.

Which is why it gets a /FAIL/ rating of 35/100 code-wise. "Good means always finishing in 2nd place."
    (0 being a perfectly coded high efficiency site, 100 being Yahoo)

Still, it loads nice and quick, so big thumbs up for that! (more than you can say for most pages people ask for opinions on)