SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nodes being ignored

I am importing an XML file into Flash, but when I trace the content of the XML file, only the 1st two nodes show. Is there something wrong with my XML mark-up?

XML:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <company>
    	<quote url="images/pall_logo.png">Stability was a key factor in choosing AssurX. We were able to go into their demo server and test the product on our own allowing us to fully evaluate functionality and performance.</quote>
    	<quote url="images/genzy_corp_logo.png">We felt AssurX&apos;s ease of configurability allowed us to continue to adapt our processes and solutions to Genzyme&apos;s increasing product portfolio, facilities and international markets.</quote>
    <quote url="images/abn_amro.png">Within two weeks of our on&mdash;site meeting with AssurX, we were entering data into a validated system configured to the way we do business.</quote>
    	<quote url="images/echolab_logo.png">It&apos;s just an outstanding solution that is helping us more and more each day.</quote>
    	<quote url="images/quote5_logo.png">Quote 5.</quote>
    	<quote url="images/quote6_logo.png">Quote 6.</quote>
    </company>
    and loading XML in Flash thusly:
    Code:
    var myXML:XML = new XML();
    myXML.ignoreWhite=true;
    myXML.load("news_content2.xml");

myXML.onLoad = function(success:Boolean):Void {
    if (success) {
    	trace (myXML);
    };
    }
    Last edited by shiftless; Sep 22, 2011 at 17:23. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nevermind, I found out that my XML file has some weird/special characters (that looked totally normal to me)in it that was preventing the rest of the file from being read. something in the ending tag ("</quote>") of each node (I had copy /pasted the problem node for subsequent nodes, so the problem got pasted along with it). I solved the issue by retyping </quote> at the end of each node. Now load fine and completely.