SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question A good shade of purple?

Hello,
    I have been trying to come up with a good colour that looks like a dark / royal purple , well something between this (#480092) and this (#220044)

But my problem is that it is on a black bg and it needs to have black text over it.

So I am trying to design a light-tint of a dark purple?

I tried to do something like this, which is actually a shade of blue, but it kind of looks like purple...?

However, after finishing the text I thought that it was too dark / not purple enough?

Does anyone have any ideas on a shade of (dark) purple that would look nice on a black bg and allow the black text to be read?

Thanks in Advance & Best Regards,
    Team 1504

P.S. Also, by (dark) purple I mean something not like these: (#9603a7, #a200ff, #590163, #4100b9, #8e6fc7, etc.)

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This interactive colour scheme generator might help you in terms of deciding what colours compliment and contrast well with each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really helping! Thank you, Sir!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait, I have a question. Isn't it true in colour theory that black-coloured font is better for the eyes / easier to read than white?
    Because if it is okay or good for the reader to use white, then I will use white on one of the dark colours?

Maybe, I should post another topic to get more replies from people who read colour-theory, typography, etc in depth ?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an expert on colour theory by any means. I just use that colour scheme generator to help me choose appropriate colours for a website's text, headings, labels etc.

But fwiw I did read somewhere a long time ago that green is meant to be the easiest colour on your eyes and so looking over green lawns or landscapes is "supposed" to help you relax.