User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Critique Web Design of Spanish Speaking Online Motivator

Hello,

I just launched a website for a Motivational Spanish Speaker. She provides motivation and emotional therapy online.

She indicated the colors that she wanted, and I designed the look and feel of the website with the intention to reflect her personality and the service she is marketing.

superacion personal

Please critique the website design. Also, it is my intention to do cross-browser compatible designs, but I may have missed the placement of an element or something else. As you provide feedback, please include operating system, browser, and browser version. this will help me pin point where to focus when fixing a problem.

Thank you,

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, ok so those are some bright colours. on my 22inch monitor they are pretty intense as you get a lot of pink background.
    But i see what you are trying to do and i don't dislike it as such.

I don't like centralised text i find it hard to read, so i'd left align the first block.

Its a little hard to read some of the white text on the green and also the footer text links on the pink are difficult to read.

is there anyway you can select other video stills as they aren't the most encouraging. She looks a little angry on the videos, not really her fault more the way it picks a still.

hope thats useful.

seems fine on FF6.0 win7
    If i am a product of your imagination you should try harder!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this site for online motivation therapy ..then i recommend you to change colours quickly....because these colours are too bright..and it makes difficult to concentrate on your site for some minutes..so it creates difficulty for readers..and a site look not comes professionaly ..there are two reasons of it..one is colour..and other one is site layout...my browser is chromeplus, and windows xp with transform version of windows 7, and your sites somes fully on my page..means no need to scroll left or right...So...hope you focus on points that i poit out.THANKS for reading..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noppy, thank you for your feedback.

RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by Noppy View Post
    I don't like centralised text i find it hard to read, so i'd left align the first block.
    My client is in charge of entering her blog posts. I will indicate that the centralized text, is difficult to read; I myself feel the same way. Luckily, she is a good listener.

RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by Noppy View Post
    Its a little hard to read some of the white text on the green and also the footer text links on the pink are difficult to read.
    I have changed the text in the green module to a medium gray. What are your thoughts on this? In the footer menu, although mostly for bureaucratic purposes, legal notices and such, I have changed the color to... well, more pink, je je je

Of course your feedback is helpful. Again, thank you,

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umairigilani, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, it is difficult for me understand much of what you wrote.

RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by umairigilani View Post
    these colours are too bright..and it makes difficult to concentrate on your site for some minutes..so it creates difficulty for readers...
    Unfortunately, I have no choice over the selection of colors. And although my client is a good listener, she is committed to this colors. This is why I chose to tone them down with a fade in background. Well, hopefully her content will be so powerful that her audience overcomes this distraction... je je je

RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by umairigilani View Post
    site layout...my browser is chromeplus, and windows xp with transform version of windows 7, and your sites somes fully on my page..means no need to scroll left or right
    I don;t understand et ell what you are saying. Could you please rephrase for me?

Thank you,

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using Safari 5.0.6 on OSX

I think the header (and the whole front page) is too large. I'd rather be able to see an overall view of what is on the website on the homepage without having to scroll. To that end, I'd make the header (that is the logo and the top navigation links) fit closer to the top of the screen, then fit the rest into clear (smaller) boxes, all visible "above the fold".

The video box isn't quite right in my browser - there are no adornments (ie the usual little scroll arrows) on the scroll bar and it seems to disappear under the right hand side of the box.

The footer links aren't centered on my browser.

There seems to be a bit of duplication on the layout - you have a calendar on every screen, but also a link to it on the main menu, which is also on every screen. I don't think you need both.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you LeonForLinks,

RE:
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonForLinks View Post
    I think the header (and the whole front page) is too large. I'd rather be able to see an overall view of what is on the website on the homepage without having to scroll. To that end, I'd make the header (that is the logo and the top navigation links) fit closer to the top of the screen, then fit the rest into clear (smaller) boxes, all visible "above the fold".
    Is an interesting proposition. I often wonder if opeaople enjoy having filled and lively pages, or more compact hub-like pages... I'll thinking about this

RE:
    The video box isn't quite right in my browser - there are no adornments (ie the usual little scroll arrows) on the scroll bar and it seems to disappear under the right hand side of the box.
    Here I don't understand very well. I have attached a snap shot I took while viewing the page with safari 5, windows 7.

video-band.png

Does this image and what you see on your browser look different? Whatever is inside the gray area, is actually generated by the video service provider. The scroll bar and the tiny video snapshots are called from the iFrame. If what you refer is not related to the box, the alignment of the box and such, there is nothing I can do. As I said, I am calling an object (from a third party provider) through the iFrame. Still if you clarify what you refer to, I can shoot a note to the third party

RE:
    The footer links aren't centered on my browser.
    Working on these

RE:
    There seems to be a bit of duplication on the layout - you have a calendar on every screen, but also a link to it on the main menu, which is also on every screen. I don't think you need both.
    Here I was hoping to entice the viewer to pick and poke... they may going through another page, but be tickled by the calendar... I'll track to see if I get the desired behavior, and decide upon that

THank you for your thoughrough review. I'll be working on the design and post an update.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by websonalized View Post
    RE: Here I don't understand very well. I have attached a snap shot I took while viewing the page with safari 5, windows 7.
    I get the same with a wide window, but when I shrink it a bit, the scrollbar doesn't shrink with the window and starts to "underlap" on the right hand side.

vidcap.png