SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Authentication help wanted

I MIGHT HAVE JUST SOLVED THIS MYSELF - REMOVED THE "Everone" USER FROM THE FOLDER. SEEMS TO WORK.

----------------------------------------------

Hi

We have an intranet site running on Win 2003 and IIS 6 and mainly created in classic asp. The site was originally set up with Integrated Windows Authentication turned off on all folders.

We are starting to use user details a lot more, picked up from their Windows username. Our current solution is to have a dedicated folder on the site to hold forms that need this and set the permissions on that folder only. Something else we have done is set up a process to send the users to that folder on first access to the site, grab their details into a session variable and use that across the site, this then kicks them back to the page they were originally requesting. This latter option has it's drawbacks as when the session expires users are finding form data is lost while they are redirected off to start a new session

What we really want to do (aside from set IWA across the site) is to just put an include file in the folder with IWA on it which grabs the user details. This include will then be called from any folder on the site and it will be able to display the user details. I have seen this working on one our sites before but have not been able to get it to work even though the IIS settings looked the same

Can anyone help with getting the right settings for this include option or suggest alternatives?

Thanks

Clare

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I may not have fixed it. Works on our staging environment by removing Everyone but not on live. Hmmmmm.