User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about optimizing pages

Hey everybody,
    I've been trying to figure out this whole subject regarding page optimization. I understand the part about making your page SE friendly putting as many keywords in your content without going overboard.
    What I don't get is how people talk about optimizing individual pages and submitting those to certain engines. Do people search for low competition on their keywords for a particular SE and then optimize a page of their site?
    Aren't you supposed to submit only your home page (www.mydomain.com insteady of www.mydomain.com/index.htm)?

Say for example you have a company that does several things, say carpentry, plumming, and drywall stuff (just an example). The company only has one domain, say, www.totalhomecare.com. How do you optimize for the different sections of this one website?

I hope I was clear in my question and that someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks.
    Tigr

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you'd optimize the plumbing section of your site for plumbing keywords etc.

You only submit one page of your site, but the search engine will crawl and index every page of your site, and it looks at things on a page by page basis, not a site wide basis.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, i get it.
    thanks, aspen.