Hi all,

I am using the JQuery cycle plugin that lets me use buttons to fade in and out between different content. The structure is as follows:

HTML Code:
<div id="featured-nav"> 					           

<a href="#" id="left" class="activeSlide" title="Buy compatible laptop memory in no time at all">                

<!-- button text/images goes here -->    

</a>
               <a href="#" id="middle1b" title="Find help prior to buying your memory upgrade">

</a>				
	       <a href="#" id="middle2" title="Install laptop memory with your own skills">

</a>				
               <a href="#" id="right" title="Smile thanks to superior laptop performance" >

</a>

</div>
It all works fine but now I need to change the second <a> above, or specifically its ID from "middle1b" to "middle1" on the fly. I'm trying to do it via the method below but somehow JQuery isn't finding the second <a> and hence it can't change it's ID from "middle1b" to "middle1".

Code:
$('#featured-nav a#middle1b').prev("a").attr("middle1b","middle1");
I need to change the link's ID so the hover button image is different as this is necesary to blend it in with the content above it.

Can someone please suggest where I'm going wrong.

Many thanks,