User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist bradical1379's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Site Redeux: South Dakota Teen Age Republicans

URL: http://www.sdtars.com

I created the original site about 5 years ago and the group came back wanting to do a refresh for the upcoming year. Previously, the site was built on top of a number of static pages, for the redeux I built the site ontop of Wordpress 3.2.1 and created a custom theme for the site.

Overall, the site is a mashup of some CSS2 and CSS3 elements, but still relies on HTM4. I had wanted to do a straight HTML5 site, but with the short time window for design/development, I feared I wouldn't have enough time for proper bug checking.

Anyway, would love to hear your reviews and feedback.

Thanks!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bradical1379, your website design is simple and clear. I like it. I would only make two improvements.

First, I would move the twitter feed module to the main area. I believe this would give more life to the design, as well as cue the website visitors that your site is a social site. I know, I know, the nature of the site implicates SOCIAL, but I mean, give the sense of a more involved, tight, and active community.

Second improvement, I would add a rotating banner where you have the picture in front page. This too, would give visitors a sense of excitement about your organization.

I believe these two improvement will have a big impact SINCE your audience appears to be youth...

Bests

SitePoint Evangelist bradical1379's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty good, but for some reason the font in general seems very jagged to me. Consider switching it to a smoother font, like you use on the logo and buttons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice website, but your website take long time to load!

Good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah im having a few issues with the site loading so i think you will need to take a look at why your page speed is so slow because the desgin is nice and tidy it shouldnt have any issues loading the pages.

But the site itselfs looks great