User Tag List

Hybrid View

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver 4 - site password

I am finally migrating to Dreamweaver MX and am installing it on a clean machine without any older sites on it.

Problem is I have DW 4 with all the sites I control/work-on/etc on my older machine.

On one of the sites I can't recall my FTP password (and it just shows 5 *'s in the password are), so I can't enter it in my new MX comp's site profile. Yes, I do have it written down somewhere, but since I have just moved to a new house, it's still in some box and I have not been able to find it yet.

So, is there anyway to 'recover' the password from DW 4.0? Is it in some DLL or Reg somewhere? (I have not been able to find it yet).

This site is for a religious organization, and they do not know it either, heck they don't even know the login or what ftp is.
    The site is hosted (not by my choice or advice) with SBC (one of the big baby bells), and thus getting the info from them is an endless phone loop/hold/transfer process (already tried for about 45 minutes).
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are ways, but it depends on how much you're willing to pay. There's a password sniffer here for 20 quid:
    Click me

You're sure to be able to pick one up for free on a hacker site, but you take your hard disk in your hands downloading stuff from there

Andy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steelsun, I've got an app I can send you to reveal the password under those *****'s. It's dead simple, free, and I've used it for a couple of years. If you want it just PM me your email addy

~ Trish ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by anam
    Steelsun, I've got an app I can send you to reveal the password under those *****'s. It's dead simple, free, and I've used it for a couple of years. If you want it just PM me your email addy

~ Trish ~
    Why not post it here if it is a link? That way, others can benefit. No need to hide helpful tips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a link, it's just an app I have. But it can be found online (Password Revealer)...but someone else brought up the possibility of getting a file that was tampered with. Since I've used mine for a few years now with no problems, I offered to send him mine. I'll send it to you too if you want

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually got it solved. I too had a password revealer I had forgotten about and used that succesfully.

It's available herehttp://nirsoft.tripod.com/
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography