User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lock table to bottom of screen

Hi all,

Is it possible to lock a table to the bottom of the screen without using frames?

In my case I have a footer which includes contact details etc, at the bottom of my page, I could use frames then I could make sure that the footer locks itself to the bottom of the page at all times. But unfortunately this is not an option, on the site I'm building.

I heard it is possible to achieve this effect (locking the footer cell to the bottom of the browser) using javascript and the <div> tag. Does anyone know how to do this. It would really help as I need this last thing to finish off my site.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Thanks

MD Geist.
    "My lyrics are encrypted in Hieroglyphic scriptures so you can picture this.....I make my point like a pyramid"

Currently Occupied; Till Sunda Andrew-J2000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you mean using css with absolute positioning

ie

<div style="position: absolute; bottom: 0px;">blah</div>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I think this is correct, but I heard it somehow involves some javascript also. Is this correct, or can I achieve this effect with the code which you posted.

thanks for your help

MD Geist
    "My lyrics are encrypted in Hieroglyphic scriptures so you can picture this.....I make my point like a pyramid"

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Andrew showed you should work. It might be possible to do this with JavaScript, but the CSS solution is much easier. Just use the code the way he has written it, and it should do the trick .

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help that works, it locks the footer to the browser bottom. One problem I noticed is that when you scroll the height of the browser the footer no longer locks to the bottom anymore, is there a way I can get it to lock to the browser bottom even when you scroll the page, at the moment it only works when you resize the browser.

thanks again for any further help with this.

MD Geist.