SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

png fix with that .htc file

I'm making a website work locally on my mach. by downloading all files..

figured out .png fix for IE6 is being done with iepngfix.htc...

there's a gif referenced therein.. I can't download this img b/c it's only 1x1 px and when I put absolute path to it in browser it's so tiny I can't see it.. I put absolute path to it in .htc file but it's still not working.. I can't create one myself b/c I don't have Photoshop installed at work (I assume this is a completely transparent image? not 100% sure.. I have never done this like this, have only done it with jQuery, which of course is much simpler...;-)

so I have two questions:

1) is this an image that contains nothing but transparency? (I guess I can always create it tonight at home..) and
    2) why is this not working if I put absolute path to this tiny img in that .htc file? does it only work with relative path?

thank you....

PS: and can path to this .htc file in css be something like ../js/iepngfix.htc ??? (right now, b/c all links in curr site are back-end links, it's /js/iepngfix.htc... but of course links like this don't work in .html based sites you run in just windows.. have usu. architecture.. css/ dir, js/ dir, and so on..)

Utopia, Inc. silver trophy
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    While you're still implementing this: stop, and get DD_BelatedPNG. It's a lot better (and more modern) than the htc file
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; Sep 7, 2011 at 01:39. Reason: Added link
    Rémon - Hosting Advisor

SitePoint forums will switch to Discourse soon! Make sure you're ready for it!

Minimal Bookmarks Tree
    My Google Chrome extension: browsing bookmarks made easy

Under Construction silver trophybronze trophy AussieJohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even better, unless you require a pixel perfect rendition, don't use png hacks.

Having said that, I agree with Scallio that belatedPNG is a much better option than the .htc fix.
    var details = {
    . . web: "afterlight.com.au",
    . . photos: "jvdl.id.au",
    . . psa: "usethelatestversion.com"
    }