SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LinksGage drupal site | provides to you best quality links !

Hi to all dear reviewers of sitepoint !

I need of your ratings, critical, advice, encouragement and hopefully appreciations for linksgage.com.

The site is proposed as a platform for discovering new sites or types of sites all carefully selected and categorized. The aim is not so much to replace a search engine but to increase your knowledge of the Internet and to provide new ideas for fruitful research finding the ideal service for our needs in a quality atmosphere.

Site is really young, we have almost 100 quality links and we work for a better and better specific multilevel categorization (we are on the first level at the moment)

Enjoy to view...

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Hi yogohard. Welcome to SitePoint.

I'm a bit of a dunce with sites like this, so to be honest, I don't really understand what it's for / how it works (and I did read the various pages that address this). Perhaps a fuller explanation for slow-brainers like me would be useful. Also, I'd recommend you get a copywriter to tidy up the text, as it's a little rough around the edges, which doesn't make a good impression.

Visually, light text on a dark background makes my eyes go all funny, but maybe that's just me.

I'd suggest making the logo smaller (it takes up a lot of screen real estate) and maybe have a subtitle that sums up what the site is for.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, agreed with ralph.m. I am going to assume that many visitors leave your site leave within 5 seconds. It has nothing that stands out to show what it is about, and very dark.

Basically, it takes me to spend some effort trying to find what your website is all about. I should not have to do that...!

Also spend some time on SEO. Your title tag on your home page for example just has your site name in it. Nobody will be searching for that. Do some keyword research and SEO...
    Maarten

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, really useful advices. I have made some modifcations to title of description and to my slogan site. Yes dark style is my choice, i now that the most part of websites is white with black text, but my headache some time told me "hey i want dark theme, too many light here !"
    Any other thought about ?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess you provide a sort of vertical search engine? That is, a visitor enters a keyword, and you select the best websites indexed for that keyword?

The design of the website itself is poor. Also, I think that the text you have included to indicate what you do is confusing. At first I though you made website. Because of the text "LinksGage provides the best websites !" I guess a rewording of your initial text:

we fetch the best websites based on your query...

what would you like to find _________________________ (search box)

I am just trying to illustrate how your message could be more effective.

Again, the design itself is poor. definitely something slicker. You are after all a sort of search engine. Here is an example of a vertical search

iconfinder
    Last edited by ralph.m; Sep 7, 2011 at 01:00. Reason: fixed broken link

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, websites should index many as possibile quality/useful websites and even provide inspiration to find in a second time in google our needs. I want to develop a higlhy deep categorization menu allowing user to find with accuracy and few clicks what they search for.
    Thanks you make me think about the term "provides" could be generate confusion, i have just changed in "indexes". "LinksGage indexes the best websites" is more precise.
    When you say "the design is poor" you mean graphic layout or disposition of menus or something else ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    visitors mainly look at content at the moment your website is too simple thats what i would say.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, numbers of websites is poor at the moment we have 105 links, but in my opinion with growing and efficient categorization the site could be useful to improve our internet knowledge. Probably site needs more icon and graphic stuffs ?