SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Confused, Need Help As Soon As Possible

I am currently trying to start my home based business, all my websites are up and running, and recently I was approached by a company by the name of "Future Vision Technologies, LLC out of Portland Oregon" Jason Fresh is the Marketing Manager that is assigned to me.

I did a search on the company and the BBB from Portland Oregon has a complaint against this company and marketing manager, and I did a search on The Scam Report, and found 3 compalints against this company.

Obvious resons indicate that I should not trust this person, but when I questioned him about this he swore tome that they were all clients in default, and wanting something for nothing. I agree there are those few out there that want to get all they can get for free.

What I am looking for is any one who has a any success with this company/marketing manager? Point me to aplace where I can look.

Bad signs, his website is down for 3 days now, he told me they were working on it, since they are there own ISP Provider, And all of the bad reports? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Julie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't trust them for a second.

BTW, where have I seen your nickname before?
    Mike
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally if a customer reports a business to the BBB or The scam report they have been scammed or where vaery mad. Obvoiusly this guy made them mad enough to go through the trouble of reporting to these places which would sound warning bells in my mind.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What services are you actually looking for? Maybe, some of our members have experience with other companies which provide the same services and might be able to share their experiences with you.
    36Host.com - $36/year web hosting [affiliates earn 30%]
    * Affordable Small Business Web Hosting since 2003! *
    "500mb space, 10gb bandwith, 50 pop/ftp accounts, php,
    mysql, pre-installed php scripts, 24/7 support & more...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many bad signs and indications, why risk it? There are plenty of viable alternatives out there. Use one you trust and don't look back!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Thank you all for confirming my suspesions (spelling)

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me. Needed an outside opinion on this one, to keep my sanity.

What I am looking for is someone who can help me market my home based business. Or at least tell me how to go about doing it.

I am am Stay at home mom, and our income has been litterly cut in half with my lay off a year ago. And my decision to stay at home with my boys is financially straining on us, and I need (HAVE) to get some money comming in, without putting so much of it out and getting nothing in return, does that make sense to any one.

Thanks again, and any help is greatly appreciated.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Depends on what you're marketing, frankly. There's lots of free options, and some that don't even involve the Web, again depending upon what yer sellin'.

Keith

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not market your business yourself? There is plenty of info on online marketing available on the web. Gain marketing knowdledge and deliver quality. It's so simple
    I Make No Apology For Linking My Thinking With Computer Technology - Maxi Jazz

phpGG: Dutch PHP Community WIP

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey tjkontra, what kind of business are you doing? Try some basics, like putting your business in your sig file, putting your url in your profile. You might find it easier to market if you actually tell people what your business IS! lol

Also, a few weeks ago I found an awesome website that has a lot of resources for people in your situation.

http://www.wahm.com/
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.