User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone successful with eBooks?

Hello,

I'm strongly considering writing an eBook. I feel pretty good about it because it relates to a subject that I love and am very knowledgable in, and there is not a lot of free sites offering the same information on the net that I have found.

My question is - has anyone here had success selling eBooks, either their own or other people's (i.e. ClickBank etc.)? If I go ahead with this, I'll probably try to sell it through a service like ClickBank and I'm curious if anyone has had success selling any of their eBooks.

Any experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I setup a quick ebook website a few weeks ago, it was nothing fancy, just something I picked up one ebay and it had about 30-40 ebooks. For the most part the ebooks where outdated and are probably given away for free all over the internet but I managed to make a $20 sale (membership cost) by spending $20 in advertising There are a few gazillion ebooks out there so it's pretty hard to get a surfer to look but my personal opinion is that if the ebooks provides real information and you can market it effectivly it would do pretty good.

Rent A Cop Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some work for a small ma and pop publishing company that put together an ebook on how to gather information to write your first book. It was basically written to get them new authors.

They had a few problems selling it even though it was really cheap. People thought it was just another one of those "cheap all over the world outdated ebooks with very little conent." So they ended up promoting it by releasing one of the chapters. That seemed to work well for them.

I would say as long as you know the content well. And you already have a way to market it (through an existing site, or newsletter) you should do fine. I would be cautious if you plan on writing it and then trying to sell it via ebook directories...

Best of Luck,
    Dan
    Dan's Site
    Some Current Sites:365 Puns! # Joke It! #
    Pride & Joy!
    Current Projects: ArcadeRat! # Scouting News # yW

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im having great success with clickbanks ebook programmes. I only use the ones that pay me 50% commission and dont use pops or provide other ways to pay such as pay pal, etc.
    I would strongely recommend you use clickbank to promote your ebook. And please, do the right thing by the affiliate, theres just too many webmasters on clickbank cheating their affiliates by structering their site in certain ways so the affiliate misses the commission.