User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

horz & vert page center

thread

Can anyone continue this old thread?? I am having the exact same problem. Maybe I can explain it better.

As instructed I have a table at 100% wide and 100% tall (i.e. <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="100%"> ) This ensures that it takes up the entire girth of the available browser window.

Then in the middle of that big empty table, modify the <td> tag to read <td align="center" valign="middle">. This places whatever you want to put here (hopefully a table) will stay in the center of the browser window no matter the size people are running their monitor at.

I have inserted some fireworks html and this works just fine in that everything is centered both ways no matter what the screen resolution is.

When I insert a layer on the page, instead of moving with the rest of the centered table, it just stays in the same spot on the screen when the browser window is resized.

Anyone know if theres a way around this? Or better still another way of centering your page both Horizontally & vertically?

Any help would be much appreciated

Ant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That code might work in some browsers but it is not compliant as height is not a valid attribute of TABLE. You would be better off using CSS to achieve this.

Read through some of these pages for the answer:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...align+an+image
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with layer is that it uses an algorhythm (sp?) that uses a SPECIFIC position, not something that it calculates. This is why layers are very effective when used on a fixed width design but not on scalable projects.
    Jacynthe Durocher
    Senior Designer & Developer
    Adrianet Corporation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    netscape doesn't support height=100%