SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XML sitemap protocol, same home page, 2 different urls

Hey guys, I downloaded the free community book , started reading and learned so much... thought I knew what I was doing, been doing it for three years haha.

Anyway, since the base link goes to the homepage of a website I have two urls with the same information on the page, check it out:

www.traeindustries.com
    www.traeindustries.com/?page=home

My question is, first of all, is this not necessarily good practice? And should I include both in the sitemap.xml file?
    Last edited by Mittineague; Jul 26, 2011 at 19:57. Reason: OP forgot to turn off auto-link

SitePoint Enthusiast SitemapGenerator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should try focus link juice to one-content = one-page

speading link juice on multiple pages with duplicate content is wasteful.

If you can't fix it, redirect it or similar, consider making a canonical reference to which you consider the main/true home URL
    A1 Website Analyzer - Fix broken links, duplicate titles, custom text search, sculpt links
    A1 Sitemap Generator - Build xml, video, image, mobile, visual HTML/CSS sitemaps
    :: WebHelpForums.Net :: Support forum for the A1 tools suite.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful as duplicate content is a way to be booted out of searches on the big search engines. They're really getting tough on keyword stuffing etc.
    In Google Analytics there's a preferred domain check box to tell it to use one as the entrance for the bot.
    It happens allot with www. and non www. addresses