User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Fastclick newbie questions

Hi -

I recently got accepted into Fastclick and am starting to use them on my site and have a few questions.

I'm currently using the 468x60 banners and Invue. I realized that Invue ads are paying me an average of $2.00 CPM while my pop-under ads would pay an average of $5.00 CPM. I was hesitant to use the pop-unders but the cpm is much better than the Invue ads. Is the "annoying" factor that much greater to visitors with the pop-unders than the Invue ads?! The pop-unders seem to load pretty fast and are inconspicuous.

Does anyone use Invue AND the pop-unders? If I'm only going to use one, I think I should go with the pop-unders, right? What combination of their ad choices do you use (banners, pops, etc.)?

Also, when you use the code "12-hour minimum..." does that mean that each visitor will only get one pop-under every 12 hours?

And what's the truth of the matter with forums? Why do they have this rule? I wish I could get banner impressions from my forum with them!

Thanks for the input.

Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes about the 12 hour thing, and also, i think popups are more annoying than invue, invue are very annoying.
    Companyreviews.net - Webmaster Reviews And Resources
    Companyreviews.net Webmaster Forum - Come Chat
    2FunnyPictures.com - Huge Humor Archive
    A4B.cc - Free Redirection Service With NO ADS!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt a single popunder would annoy visitors too much, but you should experiment and find out.

Fastclick does not allow you to place their ads on forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use InVue, just popunders with Fastclick. The worst case scenario could be a user gets an Invue ad and a popunder on the same page view -- now that's got to make them want to come back! Based on the fact that InVue ads are more obtrusive (IMO) and lower-paying, I decided to not use them. On a side note, $5 CPM for popunders? That's incredible! I get $2.50 CPM on a good month and am pleased. I suppose you will have to wait a while for the numbers to even out.

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have about $2.30 CPM on popunders right now, I usually am at anywhere from $2.30-$2.50. I'm happy with it. I find InVue to be utterly annoying. Popunders I can deal with because, well, I'm used to pop ups/unders nowadays. (Sad, isn't it? heh). I have the popunder just on my entry page, and it's set for a long delay til the visitor sees it again, so I don't think it's too much of a bother.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Marc that InVue ads are more obtrusive than popunders. I'll leave a site if I'm inundated with popups, but popunders aren't very bothersome (unless they're appearing on every page).

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great info! What's the deal with all the various CPM payouts? What is it based on?

I'm sold on the pop-unders opposed to the Invue for now... at least I'll test it out for a bit. So if I put the code on my home page and 2nd highest entry page, a visitor will still only see it once (per 12 hours) even if he visits the 2 pages the code is on?

One more question: I use the 468x60 banners on all my pages. Do they calculate the cpm of those on each page view, or is there some fine print I should know about. For example, if a visitor visits 10 pages on my site, will I receive 10 banner impressions in my stats for that visit?

Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid question time - are those CPM rates mentioned based on unique users, or page impressions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MarkB, they are unique. but zonify.com does service for raw popups/unders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sold on the pop-unders opposed to the Invue for now... at least I'll test it out for a bit. So if I put the code on my home page and 2nd highest entry page, a visitor will still only see it once (per 12 hours) even if he visits the 2 pages the code is on?
    I thought it was per 24 hours? Maybe not, not sure about that. But yes, a unique visitor will only see one popunder per that time peroid.
    One more question: I use the 468x60 banners on all my pages. Do they calculate the cpm of those on each page view, or is there some fine print I should know about. For example, if a visitor visits 10 pages on my site, will I receive 10 banner impressions in my stats for that visit?
    To answer your question: simply, yes. Ten impressions means you get credit for all of them, not just 1 unique visitor's view. Of course, this only applies to CPM banners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i always though banners were unique, oh, maybe they arent, lol.