I am implementing saving data entered into fields into localstorage. (I am using PhoneGap, HTML, and Javascript for this native app project.) If the user enters data into a text field like the following, then the data is saved and retrieved, even when powering the iPhone off and on again:
HTML Code:
<li><input placeholder="note:" maxlength="30" type="text" name="s1frontSuspensionnotes" id="s1frontSuspensionnotes" /></li>
But if I use a series of checkboxes, then the checkbox data is not saved (note in the following that the "name" for all check boxes is the same to keep them in the group, while the "id" distinguishes each option selected):
HTML Code:
<span class="topcheckbox"><input type="checkbox" name="s1frontTowerMtgShock" id="s1frontTowerMtgShock3" value="3-outer" /></span>
<br><span class="nextcheckboxes"><input type="checkbox" name="s1frontTowerMtgShock" id="s1frontTowerMtgShock2" value="2-middle" /></span>
<br><span class="nextcheckboxes"><input type="checkbox" name="s1frontTowerMtgShock" id="s1frontTowerMtgShock1" value="1-inner" /></span>
Can anyone tell me why text fields save in the localstorage, but the checkboxes don't? I've also tried making the name= group name the same as the checkbox id, line for line, and updated the localstorage code to reflect the change, but it did not work. The text fields do save, so I know the local storage stuff works.

I put this in the HTML section because localstorage is part of HTML5, and checkboxes and text fields are part of HTML.

Thanks!
Steve