SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Search Engine Site Summary?

Hi,
    Just a couple days ago I added my site, 6G Celicas, to many of the search engines, and I was looking at my referer log and saw that I was already getting hits from Lycos when people were searching for "celica enthusiasts". This is what the description of my site looks like unfortuneately:

...Newsletter Want to recieve more Celica info and resources, and be notified when 6G Celicas recieves major updates...already outstanding Toyota Celica. This new celica was available...provide all...
    It has that bit about the newsletter because that text is on the menu on the left side of my site, which unfortunately comes before my main content. I have a description and a keyword meta tag, but apparently Lycos is ignoring my description tag. What do you guys think I should do so that my description looks better? My website url is http://www.6gc.net if anyone wants to take a look at the html behind it. Thanks!
    + Celica =
    6G Celicas :: My '94-99 Toyota Celica resource

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could make the newsletter link graphical.

Understand the search engines look for text around the instances of the keywords on your page. If you move the word "celica" down a little it may bump the word "newsletter" off.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about having that text displayed graphically, but I think first I'll try removing the word Celica from the newsletter text. Hopefully this will help, and if not, I think I'll try an image. Thanks!
    + Celica =
    6G Celicas :: My '94-99 Toyota Celica resource