SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Products

I have a classifieds site with a "general audience." I'd like to try offering a few different products for sale, but not sure what to sell. Since we don't have a niche audience, any product would have to have a wide appeal. It would also have to be inexpensive since no one really comes to a classifieds site with the intention of spending money.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I looked around and didn't really see a Revenue forum. Moderators, feel free to move the post if need be.

Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look at other classified sites and see where most of the listings are eg. beanie babies

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully you are already a member of an affiliate program like Amazon.com and featuring books that give tips on how to best sell goods. People that buy via classifieds probably also sell by them and might be interested in books for sell-it-yourself types.

This is just off the top of my head, but I'm betting that some crazy things are sold on classified sites now and then. What if you made a book/CD or some other type of media that featured the funniest items ever sold on classfieds?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will first try to integrate how-to eBooks or Amazon books into the listings. Thanks....