User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I am stumped!

Hello There Everyone!

I am going nuts! All of these questions have to do with the following website: [Removed by Myself]

I pull a high sales conversion rate for the services we offer (average of 1:25). The problem that I am having is I cannot get any traffic to the site! We average about 15 unique visitors per day and these are produced through Google's AdWords and GoClick.com. I have taken the steps to submit to every search engine I come across. I have optimized the site itself to carry a keyword density of 4-5%. The content is there, and people rarely question the details of the site. I have paired up with some other webmaster sites but the campaigns are very slow retrieving. Everything I have ever learned about promoting a site to the search engines is failing!

If you guys can see any eyesores that stand out I would greatly appreciate it if you would make it know to me. Also, how do I go about getting sites to link to me without returning the favor? I do not have a link page as I think the idea would not conform with the site. I do not mind paying for link space, but even then people are reluctant.

Any information would be great.

Ethyn
    Last edited by Endure_Racing; Sep 23, 2002 at 14:36.
    Sites worth a look:
    Your Online Advertising & Marketing Partners - AHits.com
    The People's Hosting Company - SkyHosting.net

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You profess to be a leader in online promotion and yet cannot promote your own website?

This post is likely a ploy to try to generate sales, so I'm going to go ahead and recommend that no forum members use your service.

There are 2 possibilities here.

1. You obviously can't make good on what you claim if you can't even get your own site more than 15 uniques a day.

2. You get more than 15 uniques a day and really this post was made just to fish for sales.

In either case you're dishonest and not a good choice to do business with.
    Last edited by aspen; Sep 23, 2002 at 13:51.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello There,

With all respect please remove the link from my post. That was not my intention at all with this post. My services are serve my website itself well. Perhaps I should clear up what I was saying. The 15 visitors per day are those from search engines. Advertising with my own products suits me just fine. But as I stated, I wanted the search engines. I in no way offer the ability to boost traffic via SEO.

Aspen: I reread my post and understand where I made the mistake of not being exact with my explanation of the 15 visitors. If you look more into my post I truly was not trying to pitch my site. Had my site not had a product, I don't think there would even be a problem. I whole heartedly did not have the intention of creating a spin like this on my post, I was just looking for some answers.

Aspen's advice to not to purchase from my site is backed with authority, which is very respected. I do not wish to drive any sales with this post. I just was looking for some help to get the SE's to recognize my site.

I am sorry for all the inconvenience.

-Ethyn
    Sites worth a look:

(****** or Deleted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is only small advice, but register with DMOZ for a start

www.dmoz.org
    Jordan Windebank

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually that was one of the first things I did. Still have not been listed yet though. 2 months and about 3 additional emails

Thanks for the advice though,
    Ethyn
    Sites worth a look:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can spare the cash, Overture may be worth your while.

I use this to select my keywords, then find out if it'll be worth your while paying per click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Endure_Racing
    Actually that was one of the first things I did. Still have not been listed yet though. 2 months and about 3 additional emails

Thanks for the advice though,
    Ethyn
    That's funny, my site was added within a couple days of me submitting it. I hope it works out for you.
    + Celica =
    6G Celicas :: My '94-99 Toyota Celica resource