SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when the idea is to write lot of contents and get one with a site with thousands of pages, one may need content writers. I needed some assistance in going about finding good content writers at relatively lower cost. The attempts at free lancers sites have not been help, mostly one comes across people who write things that are useless from user experience. If someone here have some ideas on good content writers, it may be helpful

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest splitting your writing plan into two types of articles, what I call pillars and spinners:

Pillars - a few really high quality informative articles on the subject you are an expert on, forming the core of your website
    Spinners - things you can write about quickly, possibly based on a template. For example, if you write about nutrition, get a list of all the vitamins, write a quick bit about one each day. These quick items might be better distributed through social media, which then get links/traffic back to your main site.

I don't believe in writing lots of low-quality articles to distribute widely. Maybe it works for some people, but I think you'll probably get better responses from better content.

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonForLinks View Post
    I'd suggest splitting your writing plan into two types of articles, what I call pillars and spinners:

Pillars - a few really high quality informative articles on the subject you are an expert on, forming the core of your website
    Spinners - things you can write about quickly, possibly based on a template. For example, if you write about nutrition, get a list of all the vitamins, write a quick bit about one each day. These quick items might be better distributed through social media, which then get links/traffic back to your main site.
    That sounds like a good strategy, particularly for people who are struggling to produce lots of full-length articles. But, I'd steer clear of the word 'spinner' - article spinners are automated tools (or sometimes overseas outsourcers) that take other people's articles and re-word them, producing something unreadable that looks like a cross between Elizabot and Yoda - you don't want to be associated with that kind of practice!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
    That sounds like a good strategy, particularly for people who are struggling to produce lots of full-length articles. But, I'd steer clear of the word 'spinner' - article spinners are automated tools (or sometimes overseas outsourcers) that take other people's articles and re-word them, producing something unreadable that looks like a cross between Elizabot and Yoda - you don't want to be associated with that kind of practice!
    True! I called it that because it is trying to achieve the same thing - regular content with little effort, but of course in a much better way.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest that first you Read as much and as often as you can. Read content on your topic from different resources and from different writers.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has never been a good strategy, and since the roll-out of Google's "Panda" update, it's now a really, really, really bad idea.
    Are your suggesting roll out of Panda has decreased or elimination of value of back links from quality sites, as I assume one of they key purpose of submission or articles to many sites is to have back links.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Article is not a hobby so if you find it is difficult to produce one, that's norm. I used to have a copywriter to write me an article. The copywriter has very good command of English however there are lacking in the article - the call to action and the persuasion. I believe the main reason is the knowledge to the field and the message that I want to deliver. The way of expression if somehow did not satisfy me.

So, I decided to write the article myself and I pass her (my copywriter) for proof reading. This helps to improve my article So, if you intend to deliver a strong message to your clients/customers/readers, you have to write to article, no choice. Because only you know what you want to say and only you can deliver the message well.

The first step is always the most difficult one but thousand of milestone start from a single step. All the best to you
    Exabytes Network - The Hosting Provider since 2001
    Business Hosting Plan - Check out the lowest offer ever
    Dedicated Server - Free 25GB CDN for any sign-up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkypainter View Post
    Article writing is a very interesting work if you like reading and writing. A good article able to provide vivid description and the articles are imaginative.

I found out, in order to survive in the Internet world, the skills of article writing is somehow a MUST-HAVE skills.

Start reading and start doing writing today, you will enjoy the Internet world when you master the writing skills

I agree, being able to write good content articles are a must.

I have used services that write for me and I find that these articles are not complicated.

When I have the time I write my own because then I become more and more knowledgeable about my subject, which benefits my clientele. Research can be rough sometimes but nothing good ever comes easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think something a lot of "web writers" miss is the fact that online is SO different than print. The majority of users scan only headlines and titles, maybe a description here and there. So you need to make sure that you bring strong titles to your readers.

Also, write with bullet points, lists, outlines, EASY to read formats that hit the main points quickly and sincerely. Then your readers will look to read more in-depth after seeing the main points outlined nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has never been a good strategy, and since the roll-out of Google's "Panda" update, it's now a really, really, really bad idea. Sure, you might get more people reading the article, but they won't link it with you, because they aren't reading it on your website. Instead, you're giving a thousand other websites a free lunch. A much better plan is to try to get those other sites to give a link to the article on your site - maybe a headline and a short 'teaser' paragraph - this will still hit a wider audience, but you'll get them reading it on your site, where you are in control, rather than on other sites.
    If those other sites are prepared to take free articles to use on their site I doubt very much they can be persuaded to give you a link for a teaser!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A long time ago i have started writing about smartphones and the impact they have on our society. Now that blog manages to have a lot of readers and i can almost consider it a site. I always try to post fresh info and up to date with everything that happens around me.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say in good writing there are two more more things that are needed and i didn't see in this thread:
    1. KISS
    2. don't imitate, innovate.
    the first part is self explanatory but the second part is the greatest thing. say something new. write about original ideas, those who was never heard before, point out new issues on the certain subject, raise some tough questions.. be creative, that'll make your content worthwhile.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you need to write about what you love and that is the only way to make a unique looking article .

For example I love writing about glass lanterns, and that makes me happy. You should also find something that you enjoy .
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; Oct 17, 2011 at 06:56. Reason: removed unnecessary link

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internet users are impatient. Remember that the line between your site and the next is just a click away. How you format your articles is as important as the content, so I suggest adding an outline at the onset of your article. Articles that give tips are appealing because people don't have to spend a lot of time scanning through the paragraphs for a particular piece of info. Chop your articles down and make them simple, but do not sacrifice depth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tips:
    Do the required research on the topic of your article.
    Think a lot while writing.
    Drink Coffee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my personal experience, I must agree that reading, studying and writing is one of the best strategy to be a better person. Now if we share it to others, sometimes people are touched or they can learn something about our thoughts and feelings. I think this is good simple tips and it can make big difference to the readers or users...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r937 View Post
    best writing tip evar -- write what you know

your readers can spot crap, so don't just fill the page with anything

say, why are you writing, anyway? i think that's the first thing that needs to be addressed
    Yes you should write about what you know. I write content for many and I feel most comfortable writing about niches that I have experience or know a lot about.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best tips for writing are:

Read a variety of different styles and genres, fact and fiction, news and comment, blog and print. Get a feel for what works well in writing, what writing style suits you, what writing style will suit your audience.

Study rules of grammar, punctuation and typography. If you don't get those right, it doesn't matter how good your content is, you'll really struggle to get any credibility as an author. Even down to little things like the difference between hyphens, en-dashes and em-dashes they might sound like pedantic hypercorrectness to you, but they all contribute to the impression of quality that your readers will form.

Learn about your subject matter. Write about something you know about and are interested in. Research around it. If it's a topic area that has been covered extensively elsewhere, try to find a new angle so that you're adding something of value and not just rehashing the same stuff that's already out there.
    I want to add the following tips:
    1. Explore- as a writer you also have to get out of your comfort zone and explore your capabilities as a writer by trying to write topics that are beyond your genre.
    2. Expand- when you have already discover your other capabilities you can expand your horizons as a writer. Don't stuck yourself by writing the same old topic in your genre. Instead, try to write something new and unique.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with people saying that doing research is the most essential thing to do when writing articles. And also you have to have good writing skills in order to make your content unique and interesting at the same time.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

First you should collect the related keywords for that website. And you must have good sentence writing cabability in that language. After then you write article.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoDistribute View Post
    hi

First you should collect the related keywords for that website. And you must have good sentence writing cabability in that language. After then you write article.
    HORRIBLE advice. In most cases, you should never write with keywords in mind. Write a topic which is something you're interested in and have researched thoroughly. Don't just spin the rest of the crap someone else has spewed for advertisement sake - that might work in the short term, but in the long run it's going to hurt you.
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Writing is an old age art which has its huge presence even today. some of the tips fof effective article writing are:
    1.study/Analise about the subject you want to write upon
    2 You can research about the subject either on web ,in newspaper etc
    3. jot down points you want to mention in your article
    4. Dont write lengthy content. try to keep it short yet informational as much as possible
    5. Read what others have written about on similar topic
    6. Proof check your article before publising
    7. subscribe to blogs/sites specializing in giving tips on effective writing
    8. give it some time. writng articles can take much time. But thats its what it need. Your time. Dont be in haste to write an article
    9. Keep drafts saved in advanced.
    10. Check grammar, punctuation while writing article.

SitePoint Enthusiast florida_buddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really need a lot more quality article and content writers nowadays. The race for getting to the top of search engines generated a lot of garbage to the web. I honestly agree to what Google Panda has done.

Write what you know and love, this is the best way to generate good content. IF you cannot do it yourself then hire someone who is an expert on that field, and can write with quality.

There is nothing wrong with optimizing websites, but the people deserve good content. Let's just call it our social responsibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always go for unique content,, thats the first and best. Then look for keyword density, then promotion is important....