SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tables and curvy corners

ok, now im a n00b web designer whos gonna be the baddest in a couple of months (yes, same old story), well, ive just made my first attempts at making 'curvy' tables, you know, making the corners 'curvy', and it wasnt a nice experience, please confirm that my attempts (which are [url=http://htmlhelp.hostnz.co.nz/tabbed/]here[/html], and dont laugh!) are heading in the right direction, if im not, point me in the right direction, and if im on the right track, then ill feel a lot better (the right of course being the quickest one

of course, im only learning the base work at the moment, so the example is no indication of any type of end product, and was just a 'cliche' idea i had

grtz sal.
    nz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good!
    Nicely laid out code too.

I've just been having a nightmare trying to put curvy corners on a table containg iframes. Simple in theory, but when combined with #includes and other stuff, it can't 'arf get a bit complicated!

Good luck!

Andy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fyi, css3 might have a special attribute for making curved borders.

if you have a copy of mozilla, you can try it now by using

-moz-border-radius: 20px;

etc.

css3 is still draft and being agreed on however, so dont expect it out in the wild for a while, and since IE6 doesnt fully support CSS2 and Opera 6.x is further behind that.........