SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xhtml 1 => Xhtml 2?

I just had a thought:

As XHTML is an XML document, and XHTML 2 is also an XML document, and as both documents will contain the same information, would it not be possible to write an XSTL (I forget the initals, an XML style sheet) to convert 1 to 2 directly??

Douglas
    Hello World

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I don't know how much use it would be, yes I believe in theory by using XSLT it could be achieved - directly I don't know because of the module changes.

Albeit you'd have to assume the browser could read XHTML 2.0 when it eventually gets finalised.

Personally I would have thought under normal circumstances you'd transform from 2.0 to 1.1 rather than the other way round.

As I say it all depends upon what modules are being used as they differ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a closer look, and it seems quite straight forward to conver 2 to 1, add a bit of php to handle the frames if you need them.. The problem I see going from 1 to 2, is pritty much the reason why we're getting 2 in anyway: 1 docs tend not to have enough sturcture to start with..

I don't know yet how CSS formatting of sub headers will work yet.. but I don't expect it to be too complicated I may start moving images over to <object> tags soon; some sentup as backgrounds in divs, content ones in <objects>..

Sounding good

Douglas
    Hello World