SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loading HTML in txt document froma HTML script

Ok the title might be confusing but what i want to acomplish through HTML, seeign the free host we have doesnt support PHP we need a script that basically loads HTML code from a txt document in a different location.

basically i have an ikonboard set up on a differnt site that the actual website is. This is to save space + we needed the cgi support of the other free host ( hehehe free everything) Yea and it comes witha news manager which generates an automatic txt file than updates it automatically everytime you post in that news forum. Bascially I want that txt file to be loaded through a script on the other site so it will be automatically updated otherwise if we have to update it all the time manually there is no point.

Is this possible? And if it is could someone please give me a code to do this.

Of course this would be made easier if I had PHP or SSI support or something like that and everything was on the same server but due to the amount of space given by each of these free website providers is very small and I dont have the cash for a paid account + its only a small gaming clan website that gets only about 20 hits a day so its not too important to invest cash into a paid account( although the forums get alot more hits.)

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)